Banking in Denmark
Denmark Business Experts
Recent forum posts
I run a UK business and my fellow Director is an Indian National (I am a British citizen).We now want to launch our company in India and I am struggling to make any progress with the Indian High Commission. Can anyone help me with the process. I have twice visited the commission in London and wasted hours of time due to their complete lack of organisation.I will appreciate any help to make
Total Posts: 9 Last post by Mohammed020
Hi There!I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc
Total Posts: 6 Last post by Jpm
Banking in Denmark
Setting Up a Bank Account
In order to set up a corporate bank account, a request form for opening a corporate account is needed which is obtainable from any large Danish bank. The form is to be returned to the Danish bank together with a reference from your local bank in your home country. This must also be accompanied by the following:
- Power of attorney
- Copy of the certificate of registration
- Copy of the memorandum and articles of association.
- Copy of the minutes of the company's board meeting which specifies the persons authorised to sign for the company
- Copy of the passport of owner and the person authorised to sign for the company.
- Company's latest accounts
- Information about the company's line of business.
- Indication of the number and size of the expected transactions on the account.
Opening a bank account
It is possible to withdraw money from your personal bank account in your home country whilst in Denmark. However, it is important to check that you are not going to be charged for withdrawing your money. If your home bank will be charging you for withdrawing money from your home country bank account whilst in Denmark, it is a good option to open up a personal bank account with a Danish bank instead. In order to do this you will need your CPR number which you will receive when you are registered as a resident in Denmark.
Organisations that can assist with Banking
Business Banking advice Advice on which type of bank account would best suit your business. Help making payments – and getting paid.