NewsCase StudiesEvents

Taxation in China


Taxation in China

China related forum posts


  1. How do technology and services companies decide to expand internationally?

    What are the primary considerations for establishing a North America sales and business development presence?

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by rfucci1

  2. SAFR- The Safest Rideshare Company In The World Looking For Franchises to operate in China

    Hello,My name is Michael Pelletz. I am the founder of SAFR, the world's safest rideshare company designed for men, women and children. We are expanding across the globe and we have recently opened up 5 franchises in Pakistan.We are looking to expand in China as well as many other countries. If you are interested, please contact me at or 508-400-1712.Best Regards,

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by SAFR

Taxation in China

If you live and work in China for more than 183 days, you will be liable to pay Chinese taxes on all income received. Personal income tax is charged on an incremental scale, starting from 5% up to 45%. If you are also in receipt of income from overseas, you will be taxed on this too, with a tax credit given against any tax already paid in other countries. The figures below are in Yuan Renminbi:

  • 5% on income between 1 and 500

  • 10% on income between 501 and 2,000

  • 15% on income between 5,001 and 20,000

  • 25% on income between 20,001 and 40,000

  • 30% on income between 40,001 and 60,000

  • 35% on income between 60,001 and 80,000

  • 40% on income between 80,001 and 100,000

  • 45% on income of 100,001 and above

The corporate tax rate for domestic and foreign companies is 25%. Small companies can pay 20% corporate tax in certain cases.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Taxation in China

Organisations that can assist with Taxation

  • > Sovereign Group

    Sovereign offers a range of advisory and support services to assist companies of all sizes to establish successful business operations in foreign markets.

    More Details Visit Website
  • > GCE Global Solutions

    I already have business in China, but my operation is very large and I need to keep track of the information.

    More Details Visit Website

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.