NewsCase StudiesEvents

Car Rental in China


Car Rental in China

China related forum posts


  1. 在线购买真实驾驶执照、护照、SSN WhatsApp +447448435450

    在线购买真实驾驶执照、护照、SSN WhatsApp +447448435450在线购买真实驾驶执照 whatsapp +447448435450 购买真实护照 购买高质量不可检测的 AA+ 级假

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by abruzzi007

  2. How do technology and services companies decide to expand internationally?

    What are the primary considerations for establishing a North America sales and business development presence?

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by rfucci1

Car Rental in China

You must have a Chinese driving licence in order to drive in China; an international driving license is not accepted. It is probably best to hire a driver, which can be relatively cheap depending on what standard of travel you're after.

The general consensus is "you'd be crazy to drive yourself around in China."

However, you can rent a car and a driver for around 1000 CNY (£80) a day. These are just guidelines, so do check with the car hire company to clarify the cost and documentation needed.

Speed limits are in kilometres per hour, and are as follows:

  • Expressways Intercity: 120kph
  • Semi-Expressways Intercity: 100kph
  • City Express Routs City: 100kph
  • National Highways Intercity: 80kph
  • National Highways City: down to 40kph
  • Fast Through Routes City: 80kph
  • Road with two uninterrupted yellow lines: 70kph
  • One Lane Roads: 50kph

The Chinese drive on the right-hand side of the road.

It is highly recommended that you do not drive unless you absolutely have no choice at all. Remember, China has one of the highest traffic-related death-rates in the world.

Chinese traffic rules are quite different from the rest of the world. Cars generally do not stop for pedestrians. Instead they weave their way around them and use their horns.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Car Rental in China

Organisations that can assist with Car Rental

  • > Europcar

    Europcar has more than 3,300 car hire locations throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia-Pacific in about 150 countries

    More Details Visit Website

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.