Foreign Exchange in India
Recent forum posts
I run a UK business and my fellow Director is an Indian National (I am a British citizen).We now want to launch our company in India and I am struggling to make any progress with the Indian High Commission. Can anyone help me with the process. I have twice visited the commission in London and wasted hours of time due to their complete lack of organisation.I will appreciate any help to make
Total Posts: 11 Last post by ian101
Hi , I have an online English school based in the U.K. and Spain. I'm looking to grow my business.Where is the best place to advertise for students.
Total Posts: 1 Last post by Teacher02
Foreign Exchange in India
Register to send and receive funds to India and ensure you are getting the best exchange rates and the most money into your accounts.
- 4% savings compared to banks
- 24/7 online support from the UK
- Free payments over £3,000
- Full payment reconciliation
- Free to register an account
The official currency of India is the Indian Rupee, also known as INR.
How to send money to India for free
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy to make a transfer to India;
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Bank Account Number - The recipient's bank account number
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- For personal accounts please send your full name, date of birth and purpose of payment to enable us to send the funds to India this is an Indian government regulation.
- For corporate accounts please send the directors full name, company name and purpose of payment to enable us to send the funds to India this is an Indian government regulation.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment
Additional foreign exchange services
MultiPay – Multiple outbound payments
Whether you pay one or hundreds of overseas invoices per month, we manage, convert, track and deliver your funds in one simple step. You send one spreadsheet detailing beneficiaries, amounts and currencies. We fulfill all payments at our bank beating rates, with just a single payment required from you to settle all payments.
AutoPay - Regular inbound payments
Do you receive foreign currency payments on a regular basis? If so then AutoPay is the ideal solution for seamlessly managing your payments.Using our currency account details on your overseas invoices you can have your funds converted into the currency of your choice at our bank beating rates and sent to your bank account automatically and with no delay, saving you time and money.
Book a forward contract
If you have a foreign exchange requirement in the next 12 months and wish to protect yourself against potential losses caused by market movements then booking a forward is the best way to receive the rate you want.
Place an Order
Booking an Order allows you to select the exchange rate you would like to achieve and we will handle the rest for you, and will automatically book your currency exchange if your rate becomes available.
Organisations that can assist with Foreign Exchange
WorldRemit provides a quick, secure and cost-effective money-transfer service to more than 100 countries around the world.
Money Transfer Comparison reviews and rates money transfer service providers. Up to date it has reviewed more than 30 different companies.
Wave goodbye the international payment fees. Zero fees. Zero hassle.
At XE, we live currencies. We provide a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including quick, easy, secure Money Transfers for individuals and businesses.