NewsCase StudiesEvents

Taxation in Austria


Taxation in Austria

Recent forum posts


  1. Which free zone in the UAE is the most cost-effective

    When it comes to starting a business in the UAE, both the free zones and the mainland offer a fantastic environment with plenty of prospects for new businesses. If a person wanted to create a business linked to general trading in a free zone area, the best free zone in terms of cost would be Um Al-Quwain.Sharjah Media City (Shams) is also a leading media and digital hub with cutting-edge facil

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by tvgconsultancy1

  2. Do You Need A Financial Help

    Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us Than

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by serviceoffer

Taxation in Austria

Income Tax

Individual Income Tax in Euros:

€ 0 - 11,000 0%

€ 11,000 - 25,000 36.5%

€ 25,000 - 60,000 43.21%

€ 60,000 and more 50%

Corporate Tax

  • Corporate Tax: 25%.
  • Capital Gains: 25%.
  • V.A.T: 20%.There is a reduced V.A.T rate of 10%.


VAT between member states of the European Union is based on the "Destination Principle". The general rate is 20% for most manufactured goods and services. The reduced rate is 6% - 12%  A lower rate of 10% is levied on food, agricultural products, property rents, and some other items. A special tax is levied on the first registration of cars. This is based on the car's average fuel consumption.

The exporter will need to obtain the VAT registration number of their customer and quote it on their sales invoice along with their own VAT registration number. The UK exporter will zero rate the goods and the importer in Austria will declare the goods on their VAT return form. These returns are used by Customs to carry out spot checks on exporters in the UK for origination of goods. However, if the buyer is not registered for VAT or the seller cannot obtain his VAT number then the seller must charge the UK rate of VAT. The national code for VAT in Austria is ATU, the format is 9 digits including the U prefix, eg (AT)U13245857

Anyone wishing to establish a business or profession in Austria has to be registered by a local tax office

Click here to Ask an Expert about Taxation in Austria

Organisations that can assist with Taxation

    You are not logged in!

    Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

    Login now or register.