NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Austria


Emigration and Visas in Austria

Austria Business Experts

Recent forum posts


  1. Acquisition of Funds for Investment & Project funding Purposes

    PFIG Espana is a modern day dynamic finance boutique and we collaborate with good entrepreneurs and business persons that are willing to present profitable and secure investment projects that require funding in countries with growing economies around the world and emphasis on location and environs. We want to work with reputable project/general business facilitators who possess very cogent bus

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by Maria70

  2. starting a business

    Hi There!I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc

    Total Posts: 5 Last post by renivbifamo

Austria Emigration


Austria is a participant in the Schengen visa agreement, which facilitates the free movement of visa holders throughout the countries included in the scheme. Consequently, applicants who want to apply for an Austrian visa for the purposes of tourism or for relocating to Austria on a temporary basis in order to conduct business will invariably apply for a Schengen visa.

Nationals of EU or EEA nations may enter the Austria without applying for a visa. However, for those outside the EU and EEA who wish to visit or immigrate to Austria, a visa application or Austrian residence permit will need to be obtained.

Under the Schengen pact, you will need to submit the following documentation:

  • A valid passport from the country of residence with a minimum of three months before expiry. It must also have at least one blank page allowing the relevant document to be affixed
  • Two passport-sized photographs
  • Travel documentation. An airline or alternative means of travel, ticket or confirmation e-mail must be provided
  • A completed application form
  • Evidence for the reason you are visiting Austria

Residence Permit

Austrian Residence Permits apply to EU or EEA citizens who want to live and work in Austria for longer than 90 days.

Applications will usually require:

  • Evidence of either employment or self-employment in Austria
  • Health insurance for both the applicant and their relatives
  • Sufficient financial reserves for both the applicant and their relatives

Austrian Immigration is also possible for the spouse or dependent of an existing EU or EEA national in Austria in the form of a Settlement Permit for Relatives.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Austria

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

  • > Emigration and Visa advice.

    Need advice on the most appropriate visa for your needs?

    More Details Visit Website
  • > ABA Invest in Austria

    ABA Invest in Austria, the national investment promotion agency, is the first contact point for foreign companies interested in establishing business operations in Austria

    More Details Visit Website

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.