NewsCase StudiesEvents

Taxation in Vietnam


Taxation in Vietnam

Recent forum posts


  1. Starting a new business in India

    I run a UK business and my fellow Director is an Indian National (I am a British citizen).We now want to launch our company in India and I am struggling to make any progress with the Indian High Commission. Can anyone help me with the process. I have twice visited the commission in London and wasted hours of time due to their complete lack of organisation.I will appreciate any help to make

    Total Posts: 9 Last post by Mohammed020

  2. starting a business

    Hi There!I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc

    Total Posts: 6 Last post by Jpm

Tax and customs in Vietnam

Vietnam has signed a double taxation agreement with the UK.

Vietnamís General Department of Taxation has responsibility for tax matters.

Corporate Income Tax ( CIT)

Enterprises are subject to tax rates under the CIT Law. Standard CIT rate is 22% and will be further reduced to 20% from 2016. Businesses operating in certain sectors are subject to higher CIT rates.

Tax incentives are granted to businesses investing in some:

  • Priority sectors
  • Specific locations
  • Large projects

Value Added Tax ( VAT)

VAT applies on the duty paid value of imported goods. The importer must pay VAT to customs authorities at the same time they pay import duties. Different rates of VAT are applied to different goods and services. Generally, the rate is up to 10%.

Other taxes and fees

Special Sales Tax (SST) is applied to the production and import of certain commodities. The commodities include:

  • Cigarettes
  • Liquor and beer
  • Most automobiles
  • Services such as casinos, gambling, lotteries, golf clubs, etc

Other taxes and fees include:

  • Foreign contractor tax
  • Natural resources tax
  • Environment protection tax

Click here to Ask an Expert about Taxation in Vietnam

Organisations that can assist with Taxation

    You are not logged in!

    Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

    Login now or register.