NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Sweden


Emigration and Visas in Sweden

Recent forum posts


  1. Which free zone in the UAE is the most cost-effective

    When it comes to starting a business in the UAE, both the free zones and the mainland offer a fantastic environment with plenty of prospects for new businesses. If a person wanted to create a business linked to general trading in a free zone area, the best free zone in terms of cost would be Um Al-Quwain.Sharjah Media City (Shams) is also a leading media and digital hub with cutting-edge facil

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by tvgconsultancy1

  2. Do You Need A Financial Help

    Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us Than

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by serviceoffer

Sweden Emigration

EU residents do not need a visa to enter Sweden, but should still hold a valid passport.

EU members and their families do not require residence permits to stay in Sweden for more than three months.

When planning to stay in Sweden for longer than three months, one must register their "right to reside". An EU member who is an employee, self-employed, student or who has sufficient funds to support themselves has a right to reside in Sweden. The right to reside means that an EU member and his or her family members are allowed to stay and work in Sweden for a period of over three months without a residence permit. A person who has a right to reside must register with the Migration Board no later than three months after entering Sweden.

An EU citizen does not need a work permit to look for or start employment and can begin working from the date of arrival.

How do I register for the right to reside?

A range of requirements must be met to register for the right to reside:

  • A person planning to work in Sweden must submit a certificate of employment from the employer stating the period and form of employment
  • To be registered as a self-employed person in Sweden the businessperson must be able to produce the registration certificate for the company and/or other documents which prove that they have their own company
  • A provider of a service, such as consultant or freelancer, must certify this via a certificate, agreement or similar documentation. The document must be written and signed by the client being serviced or giving commission



Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Sweden

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.