NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Croatia


Emigration and Visas in Croatia

Recent forum posts


  1. Which free zone in the UAE is the most cost-effective

    When it comes to starting a business in the UAE, both the free zones and the mainland offer a fantastic environment with plenty of prospects for new businesses. If a person wanted to create a business linked to general trading in a free zone area, the best free zone in terms of cost would be Um Al-Quwain.Sharjah Media City (Shams) is also a leading media and digital hub with cutting-edge facil

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by tvgconsultancy1

  2. Do You Need A Financial Help

    Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us Than

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by serviceoffer

Croatia Emigration

A foreigner can be employed in Croatia if they hold a business visa and a work permit.

Business Visa

A business visa is applicable where a foreign national is to engage in work based on the existing agreements for business and technical cooperation, long-term production cooperation and technology transfer, or; for a person seeking to establish a business in Croatia or to act as a director of an existing business.

Business visas are issued at Croatian Diplomatic Missions and Consular Institutions abroad. The documents needed to apply for a business visa are as follows:

  • Completed application form obtained from Croatian Diplomatic Missions and Consulates
  • Resolution from the Ministry of Labour.
  • Application fee
  • Copy of passport
  • Applicant's residence address in Croatia

The registration of a business visa must take place prior to entry into Croatia and documentation must be presented with 24 hours of entry into Croatia.

Residency Permit (White Card)

You must register your visa with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and apply for an extended residency permit (White Card).

In order to obtain a residency permit, you will need to complete an application form for staying in Croatia with a business visa together with:

  • Passport and a copy of passport including visa
  • Resolution from Ministry of Labour
  • 2 Photographs
  • Copy of company's registration
  • Applicant's address and contract of residence

Work Permit

When your White Card has been received, you can then apply for a work permit. There are different types of work permit issued by the Ministry of Labour. As a new investor, you would apply for a Personal Work Permit which would be issued on the basis that you have a valid business visa and a permanent residence in Croatia.

The documentation required to obtain a Work Permit is as follows:

  • Copy of passport with the Visa stamped by a notary
  • Copy of the White Card (extended residency permit)
  • Company registration certificate
  • Application for

ID Number

Having received a work permit, you must go to a designated police station to get a Croatian ID Number for foreigners.

You must then also apply for a tax card from the tax authorities in Croatia.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Croatia

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.