NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in South Korea

South Korea

Emigration and Visas in South Korea

Recent forum posts


  1. Starting a new business in India

    I run a UK business and my fellow Director is an Indian National (I am a British citizen).We now want to launch our company in India and I am struggling to make any progress with the Indian High Commission. Can anyone help me with the process. I have twice visited the commission in London and wasted hours of time due to their complete lack of organisation.I will appreciate any help to make

    Total Posts: 9 Last post by Mohammed020

  2. starting a business

    Hi There!I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc

    Total Posts: 6 Last post by Jpm

Visas for South Korea

There are different types of visa for people who want to work or invest in South Korea. Foreign investors need to apply for a Foreign Investment Visa, known as a D-8. To obtain a D-8 you will need to apply to the South Korean Embassy in London. Before you do so, you will need to appoint a Korean taxation accountant to act as your tax agent, to ensure that your taxes are paid on time. Your agent will fill in a form that has to be submitted to the immigration authorities. Anyone staying in South Korea for more than 90 days must apply for an alien registration card.

South Korean Embassy

60 Buckingham Gate



Tel: +44 (0)20 7227 5500

Fax: +44 (0)20 7227 5504


Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in South Korea

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

    You are not logged in!

    Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

    Login now or register.