NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Holland


Emigration and Visas in Holland

Recent forum posts


  1. Starting a new business in India

    I run a UK business and my fellow Director is an Indian National (I am a British citizen).We now want to launch our company in India and I am struggling to make any progress with the Indian High Commission. Can anyone help me with the process. I have twice visited the commission in London and wasted hours of time due to their complete lack of organisation.I will appreciate any help to make

    Total Posts: 11 Last post by ian101

  2. Global Online English school advertising

    Hi , I have an online English school based in the U.K. and Spain. I'm looking to grow my business.Where is the best place to advertise for students.

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by Teacher02

The Netherlands Emigration

Visas and residency

Citizen service number (BSN)

Everyone living in the Netherlands must have a citizen service number, often referred to as a BSN (burgerservicenummer). You must register with your local municipality (gemeente) to obtain a citizen service number (BSN).

You must apply for a BSN within 5 days of arriving in the Netherlands. You will need to make an appointment with the municipality (gemeente) where you live. Your local gemeente’s website provides information on how to book an appointment and what documentation you will need.

You need a BSN for many administrative procedures in the Netherlands, including working, opening a bank account, arranging health insurance, visiting a doctor or hospital, or applying benefits.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Holland

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.