NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Malta


Emigration and Visas in Malta

Recent forum posts


  1. business services for purchasing cocoa beans, roucou and cashew nuts

    Hello everyone,My name is Hermann Rodrigue KOUADIO, I am African, of Ivorian nationality. My interest on this site is to sell large quantities of agricultural products including cocoa beans, roucou seeds, and cashew nuts. And to allow German companies to build a supply chain with producers.I have a quantity of 10,000 tons of cocoa beans for sale for the next harvest in September-December. I am

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by Hermann

  2. Private venue event - running a bar

    I have been asked through a colleague to run a bar for a private event at a chateau in France. It is a pay per drink bar, and I am trying to make sense of the legal requirements - any advice please

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by PaulC

Malta Visas

Generally, there are two kinds of visas:

Flying visits to Malta, for a UK resident, will not require a visa. EU and British Commonwealth residents are also exempt.

Long-term Visa

Long-term visas are granted on an annual basis by the Minister of Police. This type of visa is suitable for frequent visitors of Malta.

Work permit

Even as an EU resident, you will still require a work permit.

A work permit is granted on a year-by-year basis to professionals whom the government considers beneficial to the economy or overall wellbeing of the country.

Permanent Residents Permit

The government of Malta is keen to attract talented and entrepreneurial foreign nationals. So applying to stay on a permanent basis should not prove troublesome.

Financial ability must be proven in one of the following ways:

Minimal capital of LM 150,000 350,000 Euro (approx) 320,000 GBP (approx)

Annual income of LM 10,000 23,000 Euro (approx) 21,500 GBP (approx)

Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Malta

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.