NewsCase StudiesEvents

Legalities in Ghana


Legalities in Ghana

Recent forum posts


  1. Starting a new business in India

    I run a UK business and my fellow Director is an Indian National (I am a British citizen).We now want to launch our company in India and I am struggling to make any progress with the Indian High Commission. Can anyone help me with the process. I have twice visited the commission in London and wasted hours of time due to their complete lack of organisation.I will appreciate any help to make

    Total Posts: 9 Last post by Mohammed020

  2. starting a business

    Hi There!I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc

    Total Posts: 6 Last post by Jpm

Ghana Legalities

Business Laws in Ghana

An entrepreneur, irrespective of nationality, can set up a business enterprise in Ghana in accordance with the provisions of any of the following legal instruments:

The Companies Code, 1963 (Act 179)

The Partnership Act, 1962 (Act 152)

The Business Name Act, 1962 (Act 151).

Any investor who wants to set up business in Ghana, will first have to register the business. Registration and Incorporation of business are processed by the Registrar General's Department.

After a company is duly registered and it is issued with a certificate, the company can approach any of the afore-mentioned Investment Facilitation Agencies to go through the Investment Procedure that is relative to the company's object of business.

When the investment procedure is completed and the company is issued with its respective License, Registration Certificate or Immigrant Quota approval letter, it can apply to the Ghana Immigration Service for residence permit, by submitting appropriate documentation.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Legalities in Ghana

Organisations that can assist with Legalities

  • > Need Legal Advice?

    Legal help setting up or expanding you company overseas. Company structure, company law,property law

    More Details Visit Website

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.