NewsCase StudiesEvents

Import firewood into England, Scotland or Wales

Also in the news...

Holding Company in Canada

Holding company or holding corporation is being used to support future business development and expansion of almost every successful business.

Trade with the Pacific States

How you import from and export to the Pacific States.

Business Number in Canada

Understanding Business Number in Сanada

How To Get A Tax Refund In Italy: The Ultimate Guide

​For any purchase or transaction carried in Italy a VAT tax is applied. The IVA, VAT in Italian, is around 22% but it can vary according to the goods or services you buy.

HST Rules for small and medium businesses in Canada

HST Rules for small and medium businesses. Disclaimer: This overview is intended as a general summary of the basic HST rules for small and medium business owners. It should not be considered as a professional advise consult your accountant or other specialist before you make any decisions based on this video!!!

Import firewood into England, Scotland or Wales

Back to News

Find out how to import firewood, such as logs and kindling, into England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain).

You must notify the Forestry Commission if you, your agent or broker plan to import non-regulated solid fuel wood into England, Scotland or Wales.

This helps prevent harmful tree and forestry pests and diseases being introduced.

Solid fuel wood (firewood) includes:

  • logs
  • kindling
  • twigs
  • billets
  • faggots

You, your agent or broker must make sure any regulate or non-regulated firewood meets import requirements in England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain) before its exported.

The Forestry Commission will decide if theres a risk that your firewood could introduce harmful tree pests or diseases into the UK. They may inspect your consignment before allowing it to cross the border.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.