Also in the news...
Relocating to a new country to start a business or get an exciting new role is an exhilarating process, but you need to make sure that youíre fully prepared.
Secretary of State for International Trade, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, welcomes overseas investors and delegates to the Global Investment Summit in London.
Guidance for UK businesses on rules for selling services to Croatia.
The strategic partnership with the Breakthrough Energy Catalyst will mobilise £200 million of private sector funding over 10 years.
Itís recent news the Superbonus 110% has been recently extended to 2023, and this is great if you intend to renovate your home. Superbonus 110% isnít the only available tax break on house renovations; find out how you can save on your taxes whilst renovating your Italian home.
Capital Control And VAT Changes In Greece
Our Managing Director in Athens provides a summary of Greek capital control and VAT changes over recent weeks. You may have seen the news posted last week about the abolishment of reduced VAT rates on six popular holiday islands. From 1 October 2015, the Greek mainland VAT rates of 6%, 13% and 23% have applied on the islands of Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros and Skiathos
Businesses based on the above islands must adjust their prices and update their software and devices. These changes also impact the filing of VAT returns.
Following is a summary of what is allowed under the current capital control measures.
- The opening of a bank account for all new established companies and professionals (with a date of incorporation after 1 May 2015) is allowed.
- The opening of one single bank account (not for cash withdrawal) is allowed for servicing any loan taken before or after the end of the bank holiday (caused by capital controls) by the financial institution in which the loan has been opened.
- The use of credit or debit cards is allowed for buying goods and services abroad. Buying goods from abroad is allowed in general however there are some exceptions (eg. clothing market, online betting).
- The early loan payoff is exceptionally allowed (partial or total) with cash, remittances from abroad and with a new loan for the purpose of restructuring.
- The early ending of time deposits is exceptionally allowed for the payment of hospitalization and tuition, payroll, overdue debts to the banks, and Greek public and social security departments.