NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Where are you planning to start up?

#1 Dec 16 2008 10:20am

Where are you planning to start up?

Hi, Just wondering where fellow Overseas members are thinking of setting up? Any recommendations? I have been looking into places in Europe, but can't really decide. I own a couple of cafes in the UK - which I plan to maintain - but the thought of opening a new venture elsewhere seems so exciting! Share your thoughts!

Hi, Just wondering where fellow Overseas members are thinking of setting up? Any recommendations? I have been looking into places in Europe, but can't really decide. I own a couple of cafes in the UK - which I plan to maintain - but the thought of opening a new venture elsewhere seems so exciting! Share your thoughts!
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Dec 16 2008 10:56am

Re: Where are you planning to start up?

I am hoping to set up both a flower and wedding dress shop in Portugal. Not sure when it will happen yet, as it seems there is loads to tie up here in the UK first.
Have been to Portugal many times, and absolutely love the place.

I am hoping to set up both a flower and wedding dress shop in Portugal. Not sure when it will happen yet, as it seems there is loads to tie up here in the UK first. Have been to Portugal many times, and absolutely love the place.
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Dec 16 2008 11:00am

Hello!
I'm expanding my Health & Safety company to Bahrain. Have been visiting this website for info for some time - so helpful. Nice to see the forum filling up too!

Hello! I'm expanding my Health & Safety company to Bahrain. Have been visiting this website for info for some time - so helpful. Nice to see the forum filling up too!
Reply Reply with quote

#4 Dec 16 2008 11:15am

Sunny Spain! Can't wait, although no dates set yet - I'm still not sure what route to take with my business!

Sunny Spain! Can't wait, although no dates set yet - I'm still not sure what route to take with my business!
Reply Reply with quote

#5 Dec 16 2008 11:35am

Taking my web development and design firm to Italy. Can't wait!

Taking my web development and design firm to Italy. Can't wait!
Reply Reply with quote

#6 Dec 29 2008 10:34am

Hi All
I've just come back from there Saudi Arabia (Madinah/Makkah). I am IT consultant running my own IT company.
I am looking to establish a restaurant/cafe/b and b in Madinah/Makkah in Saudi Arabia. Those two cities are just crying out for a quality establishment. What's there now is low quality franchises of Mac's, KFC, Burger King etc and cheap local copies of these establishments.
The potential to establish a high quality local brand is there for the taking. Obviously I'm thinking to start small and then expand.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone with experiance in running a cafe, restaurant or b and b who would consider a joint venture.
Regards
Suhel

Hi All I've just come back from there Saudi Arabia (Madinah/Makkah). I am IT consultant running my own IT company. I am looking to establish a restaurant/cafe/b and b in Madinah/Makkah in Saudi Arabia. Those two cities are just crying out for a quality establishment. What's there now is low quality franchises of Mac's, KFC, Burger King etc and cheap local copies of these establishments. The potential to establish a high quality local brand is there for the taking. Obviously I'm thinking to start small and then expand. I would be interested in hearing from anyone with experiance in running a cafe, restaurant or b and b who would consider a joint venture. Regards Suhel
Reply Reply with quote

#7 Jan 26 2009 3:03pm

My husband is starting a building company in France. There appears to be so many people buying run down properties and need some one to the big jobs while they do the smaller jobs. Can't wait to enjoy the lovely food and wine.

My husband is starting a building company in France. There appears to be so many people buying run down properties and need some one to the big jobs while they do the smaller jobs. Can't wait to enjoy the lovely food and wine.
Reply Reply with quote

#8 Jan 26 2009 3:06pm

Glorious Spain to open a hair salon; can't wait to get started!

Glorious Spain to open a hair salon; can't wait to get started!
Reply Reply with quote

#9 Jul 1 2009 11:16pm

for nay body looking to expand or start up his business overseas , tunisia in ( north africa ) is perfect
place for this , the wather is nice mediterranean wather , the labor is cheap compare with europe
and u.s.a. and canada and midleast , also the language speaking is helpful : arabic, french, english, spainish.
the goverment there offer a lots of help for international investment.
if you need any more information about investing in tunisia or start up your business or expanding
over there just contact at : kilanco@aol.com

for nay body looking to expand or start up his business overseas , tunisia in ( north africa ) is perfect place for this , the wather is nice mediterranean wather , the labor is cheap compare with europe and u.s.a. and canada and midleast , also the language speaking is helpful : arabic, french, english, spainish. the goverment there offer a lots of help for international investment. if you need any more information about investing in tunisia or start up your business or expanding over there just contact at : kilanco@aol.com
Reply Reply with quote

#10 Dec 7 2009 11:16am

I've always wanted to relocate to France.

I've always wanted to relocate to France.
Reply Reply with quote

#11 Feb 21 2012 11:45pm

Hey if you r wishing to start your bussiness like cafeteria cold storage upholstry restaraunt stionary fruits and vegetables shops or any actvities . in germany or in europen country . pls contact me. at nirmala.ober@yahoo.com.

Hey if you r wishing to start your bussiness like cafeteria cold storage upholstry restaraunt stionary fruits and vegetables shops or any actvities . in germany or in europen country . pls contact me. at nirmala.ober@yahoo.com.
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.