NewsCase StudiesEvents

Finance in Malaysia


Finance in Malaysia

Malaysia Business Experts

Recent forum posts


  1. Best insurance for Tour company

    Good Afternoon I have the opportunity to use my parents house as a host property in France.I am thinking of starting a running site seeing tour company around saumur and tours. I will be based in the U.K. and market my business mainly for U.K. citizens looking for a adventure holiday.Can you please advise me on the insurances I would need and if I would need to be a registered tour guide i

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by TinyPt

  2. Opening a web-based business in Australia

    What are the process for opening a web-based business in Australia?

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by rose

Financing a Business in Malaysia

Government Incentives

For UK businesses looking to expand to Malaysia there are a number of financial incentives to encourage investment:

  • Pioneer Status

This is available in several industry sectors, including agriculture and media. It exempts the business from income tax for a period of 5 years.

The government also offers industry specific tax breaks, financial support for development in areas such as R&D and the removal or reductions of tariffs on imports. Further information can be obtained at the Malaysian Industrial Development Board website.

Private Finance

Credit from financial institutions is available from a variety of private financial institutions such as HSBC and Royal Bank of Scotland, who have branches in the Malaysia. As with all commercial loans, a strong business plan and an understanding of the local business conventions and etiquette are important if pursuing this form of finance. It is advisable to consult an accountant and utilize the knowledge of a local agent. Malaysia has a liberal and open banking system, with its government recently pursuing a program of liberalization in the sector to encourage foreign financial investment.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Finance in Malaysia

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.