NewsCase StudiesEvents

Which Saudi Visa Do You Need?

Also in the news...

Moving Abroad For Work: How To Manage Your Finances

Relocating to a new country to start a business or get an exciting new role is an exhilarating process, but you need to make sure that youíre fully prepared.

International Trade Secretary opens the Global Investment Summit

Secretary of State for International Trade, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, welcomes overseas investors and delegates to the Global Investment Summit in London.

Croatia: providing services and travelling for business

Guidance for UK businesses on rules for selling services to Croatia.

Prime Minister and Bill Gates launch £400m partnership to boost green investment

The strategic partnership with the Breakthrough Energy Catalyst will mobilise £200 million of private sector funding over 10 years.

What is the Superbonus and how to benefit from it, even if you donít pay Italian income tax

Itís recent news the Superbonus 110% has been recently extended to 2023, and this is great if you intend to renovate your home. Superbonus 110% isnít the only available tax break on house renovations; find out how you can save on your taxes whilst renovating your Italian home.

Which Saudi Visa Do You Need?

Back to News

When travelling to Saudi Arabia, whether for a short business trip, a meeting or moving permanently with your family, each require a specific visa. Choosing the right visa is essential to remaining compliant on your trip.

For business trips, there are three main visas available:

If you are visiting to work in the Kingdom temporarily on a project or other short term work basis, then you will need a business visit visa. This visa allows you to work onsite and will require a letter of invitation (LOI) from the sponsoring company. The LOI is required for your visa application. The visa can be single or multiple entry and can be applied for 30, 60, 90 or 180 days duration.

If you are visiting the Kingdom for a conference, a business meeting, negotiations, sales pitch or an investment talk, then you will need a commercial visit visa. This visa will not allow you to work in the Kingdom in any capacity. This visa can be single or multiple entry and can be applied for 30, 60, 90 or 180 days duration.

If you are permanently moving to the Kingdom for work, then you will need a work visa. This visa allows you to rent a house, open a bank account and attain a Saudi drivers license. To obtain this visa, the individual will need to present their employment contract, academic documents and medical test results to the Saudi embassy/consulate in their home country or to the Saudi authorities by the sponsor to issue a visa number.

Visa requirements

The visa requirements for applicants are a passport with at least 6 months left before expiration, two facing pages and applicants mustnít have restrictions or conditions that prevent them from travelling.

Visa compliance

It is essential the visa you are visiting the Kingdom on aligns with the purpose of your visit. Compliance is an essential part of doing business in Saudi and itís essential that you follow any laws or regulations associated with your visa. To ensure you remain compliant, carefully check your duration of stay, the number of entries allowed, complete your due diligence when finding a visa sponsor and that the visa details are suitable for your requirements.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.