Also in the news...
Relocating to a new country to start a business or get an exciting new role is an exhilarating process, but you need to make sure that youíre fully prepared.
Secretary of State for International Trade, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, welcomes overseas investors and delegates to the Global Investment Summit in London.
Guidance for UK businesses on rules for selling services to Croatia.
The strategic partnership with the Breakthrough Energy Catalyst will mobilise £200 million of private sector funding over 10 years.
Itís recent news the Superbonus 110% has been recently extended to 2023, and this is great if you intend to renovate your home. Superbonus 110% isnít the only available tax break on house renovations; find out how you can save on your taxes whilst renovating your Italian home.
What are the Freelance Options available in UAE?
Freelancing is becoming more common in the UAE especially with the younger generation. The Government initiatives and various cost-effective freelance permits issued by the various Freezones is supporting the new trend.
The Freelancer License Permit is of great interest for many individuals who are keen on working as individuals and not under any company. The Freelancer Permit enables them to have legal support for their job identity and gain credibility among clients.
Dubaiís work scenario is changing with the younger generation taking on the work floors, the work culture from regular 9-5 office work is shifting to more flexible work life.
The Freelance Permit is aimed for promoting freelancers to expand their network, gain more acceptance and establish their own companies in Dubai for the future.
What are the benefits for the Freelancers?
- Flexibility to work anytime from anywhere
- Gain Self-Sufficiency
- Work-life Balance
- Lower the expenses and raise the Profit
- Option to carry out multiple projects simultaneously
- Building oneís own Brand
- No Office Space Required
What are the Benefits for Companies Hiring Freelancers?
- Low hiring cost compared to permanent employees
- Multiple options available to choose freelancers
- Freedom to hire industry-specific experts
- Possibility of international hiring
What are the top Freelancing Professions in the UAE?
Top freelancing professions are:
- Web development and designing
- E-learning and Guest Lecturing
- Copy-writing and guest blogging
- Sales & Marketing
- Graphics Designing
- Mobile App Development
- Search engine optimization (SEO). Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Computer-Aided-Design and 3D Modelling
- Language translation and interpretation
- Legal services
How to Apply for a Freelance Permit in Dubai?
1. Fill the Application form for Freelancing
2. Submit the Business Plan, Copy of Passport, Qualification Certifications
3. No-Objection Certificate to transfer Residence Visa to Freelancer Visa
4. Bank Statement to prove Bank Records
What is the Procedure to obtain a Freelancer License in Dubai?
The steps you can follow to get a Freelance License in Dubai:
- Apply to the relevant Freezone where you intend to hold a license
- Submit an application for interim approval along with the business plan, passport copy, and the reference letter
- In case of approval, you will receive a customer confirmation letter from the respective Freezone authority
- Sign the confirmation letter and resubmit along with the other documents indicated above for the final approval
- Make all the payments such as the freelance permit fee, employee visa sponsorship fees and first installment for rent or office space (optional) and other charges (if any)
- Sign the Freezone Sponsorship Agreement and collect the Freelance Permit along with the freelance visa
- On acquiring all the certifications and clearance, you can avail the Flexi-desk & business facilities within the Freezone and start your Freelance business in the UAE legally.
Which are the Major Freezones that offer Freelance Permit?
1. RAKEZ Freezone
The RAKEZ Freezone offers cost-effective Freelancer Permits to the entrepreneurs of various business categories like designers, media, art, etc. Currently, it is for Media Professionals and Education professionals. There is a list of activities specified by the RAKEZ Freezone which you can apply for.
- Cost-effective packages
- 1 and 2-year packages
- Access to modern business centers
- Network with like-minded professionals
- Eligibility for UAE Residence Visa
RAKEZ Terms and Conditions
1. The Freelancer will act as a sole practitioner to undertake the permitted business from RAKEZ
2. A Freelancer should conduct business in his name as opposed to a company name
3. Existing sponsors NOC has to be provided by the client if opting for a permit without Visa
4. Freelancers shall not be eligible to open a corporate bank account
5. No Memorandum of Association, Certificate of incorporation or Partner list shall be issued under the freelance permit
6. Freelancers shall not be eligible to appoint any staff to obtain an additional visa under the permit
7. The Freelancer can select only 1 activity per permit
For any assistance on business setup or Issuance of Freelance Permit in RAKEZ, Contact Us!
2. Fujairah Creative City Freezone
Fujairah Creative City Freezone offers multiple packages for business setup in all categories.
They also offer a Freelancer Company Package that is ideal for start-ups with 4 Visas. It offers all the advantages of a regular company set-up.
1. Trade license validity from 1-3 years
2. Establishment card (1-3 years)
3. Up to 3 Visas
4. Processing time: 1 working day
5. Flexi-Desk facility (online support, internet access, signboard, PO box, conference room subject to availability and booking, PRO services)
3. Ajman Freezone
Ajman Freezone offers convenient packages for Freelancers to start their business easily.
Acquiring a freelance permit will allow one employment visa.
- Passport Copy
- Valid UAE residency Visa copy (if applying for a license without Visa)
- Sponsorís No Objection Certificate (if applying for a license with Visa)
- Portfolio/Sample of works or qualification certificate
Rent for the business center, License for the respective category, Maintenance General Services
4. Go Freelance Program by Tecom Business Center
The Go Freelance is an initiative launched in partnership with Dubai Creative Cluster Authority to encourage freelancing opportunities.
The annual fees of Dh 7,500 include the freelancer permit and access to the Tecom Business Center. UAE residents can get a permit for an annual fee of Dh 7,500 from Dubaiís Tecom Group and can freelance in the field of education and media sectors to start.
An additional payment of Dh3,250 will enable you for a three-year visa under Tecom.
Candidates can register for the simple 3 steps online registration for the freelance permit by visiting the website www.gofreelance.ae
5. Dubai Silicon Oasis Ė DTEC for IT
DTEC- Dubai Technology Entrepreneur Campus is the largest Tech Entrepreneur Centre in the region.
Dtec provides technology start-ups with the ultimate work environment with Flexi-desk facility, license, and visa services, world-class tech infrastructure labs, testing centers, meeting rooms, conference rooms and a host of other recreational facilities.
Dtec offers start-up packages with which an individual can set up their business and work on the IT projects by utilizing the facilities available in Dtec.
6. twofour54 Abu Dhabi
twofour 54 is a media Freezone located in Abu Dhabi focused on media and entertainment industry.
twofour 54 offers Freelance License Packages for the creative minds looking for an entrepreneurial venture or work independently.
twofour 54 also offers a host of Company Formation Packages for entrepreneurs in the media and entertainment sector.
The companies registered in twofour 54 enjoy a host of benefits such as
- 100% company ownership for foreign nationals
- No import tariffs, personal income tax, or corporate taxes
- Easy and cost-effective business setup process
- Affordable office space solutions
- Onsight vocational training academy offering media-related courses
- World-class studio production and post-production facilities
- State-of-the-art infrastructure, and internet connectivity
- Unique campus environment with facilitated business networking
- and many more.
The freelancers in the twofour54 business community are also eligible to use the common facilities and take part in business networking activities in the Freezone.
The Freelancing culture is still at a very early stage and the market place for Freelancers is very niche and is expected to grow in the coming years. There are a couple on online aggregators in UAE like Nabeesh.com, freelancer.com, etc., that acts as an interface between the freelancers and clients.
Also, many small and medium companies are considering freelancing as a prospective option to reduce the hiring cost and avoid the visa, medical insurance, and PRO experiences.
For any assistance regarding the Issuance of the Freelancing Permit, reach out to us today itself!