Also in the news...
These are exciting times for Dubai and the UAE. With the entire business world’s attention soon to turn to the Emirates with the delayed Expo 2020 kicking off in October (and continuing all the way through to the end of March next year) it’s never been a better time to be a UAE business owner
The concierge service provides a one-stop shop to help maritime businesses interact with government departments.
British rail companies are on track for a potential export boom thanks to the UK-Australia trade deal.
How you import from and export to Mexico.
As more economies around the world open up and companies bring employees back to the office, global expansion plans that may have been put on hold last year are now taking shape. It can be challenging to know where to start, but here are some key factors to consider when expanding your operations into new countries.
UK's approach to negotiating a free trade agreement with Japan
Find out more about how the UK is negotiating a trade agreement with Japan and what the government aims to achieve.
Trade in services
- Secure ambitious commitments on market access and national treatment to ensure certainty for UK services suppliers in their access to the Japanese market.
- Secure best-in-class rules for all services sectors, as well as sector specific rules to ensure transparency and support our world-leading services industries, including key UK export sectors such as financial services, professional and business services, telecommunications and transports services.
- Ensure certainty for UK services exporters in their continuing access to the Japanese market and transparency on Japanese services regulation.
- Protect the right to regulate public services, including the NHS and public service broadcasters.
- Continue to ensure that decisions on how to run public services are made by UK governments, including the devolved administrations ( DAs), and not our trade partners.
- Secure opportunities for UK services suppliers and investors to operate in Japan through provisions for temporary business travel and supporting the recognition of professional qualifications.
Digital and e-commerce
- Secure cutting-edge provisions which maximise opportunities for digital trade across all sectors of the economy.
- Promote a world leading eco-system for digital trade that supports businesses of all sizes across the UK.
- Promote fair and transparent access to the Japanese telecommunications market.
- Promote accessibility and connectivity for UK consumers and businesses in the Japanese market.
- Expand opportunities for UK financial services to ease frictions to cross-border trade and investment, complementing co-operation on financial regulatory issues.
- Agree rules that ensure fair and open competition, and address barriers to UK investment across the Japanese economy.
- Ensure UK investors in Japan continue to enjoy high standards of treatment.
- Maintain the UK’s right to regulate in the national interest and as the government has made clear, continue to protect the NHS.