Also in the news...
Experimental trade in services data, including breakdown of exports and imports by country and geographical region, EU and non-EU.
Liz Truss announces technology and infrastructure tie-ups with India to boost both economies and help developing countries grow in a clean and sustainable way.
Trade department support for exporters in week-long event taking place next month
Relocating to a new country to start a business or get an exciting new role is an exhilarating process, but you need to make sure that you’re fully prepared.
Secretary of State for International Trade, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, welcomes overseas investors and delegates to the Global Investment Summit in London.
UK Shipping Concierge
The concierge service provides a one-stop shop to help maritime businesses interact with government departments.
As part of the package of reforms to expand the UK maritime economy, the UK government has set up a concierge service for shipping and associated sub-sectors to provide a one-stop shop for businesses wishing to interact with various government departments.
What the service will provide
The main aims of the concierge service will be to:
- promote the UK maritime offer from a government perspective, continually highlighting the benefits of trading in the UK
- provide strategic account relationships with government department experts, ship owners, operators, managers and maritime sub-sector leaders
- facilitate an accessible link between maritime industry and government
- identify barriers to entry to the UK, influencing policy leads, as appropriate, to build better policy informed by commercial, social and environmental needs
- help propel UK maritime prosperity to create jobs and increase the maritime sector
- provide UK maritime sector with a government centre of expertise, continuously monitoring international competition and recommending adjustments to the UK’s offer
Who we are
The team will support businesses looking to invest in the UK and will develop comprehensive data and market insights to support policy decisions through ongoing dialogue with industry stakeholders.