Also in the news...
Find out whether you're established in the UK for customs purposes.
What UK goods vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage.
Find out how to import firewood, such as logs and kindling, into England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain).
If you’re a business that currently buys goods from or sells goods to countries outside the UK, or are planning to trade with Europe from January 2021, HMRC’s new tool can help you identify ways you might be able to make the customs process easier for cheaper for your business. This short video shows you how to use the tool.
If you’re a UK business thinking about moving goods into or out of the UK , this video is here to help you understand how customs intermediaries or agents can help you. For more information have a look at the guidance available on gov.uk.
Survey to identify trade and investment barriers in 7 overseas markets
Department for International Trade (DIT) wants feedback on doing business in Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam.
The UK government is planning to hold joint economic and trade committee meetings with Brazil, India, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam by the end of 2016.
Prior to the start of these meetings DIT wants to hear from UK businesses about their trade priorities in these 7 markets. Insight from UK companies could include:
- your greatest concerns about doing business in and with these countries
- how your concerns might be addressed
- specific recommendations for bilateral initiatives that could improve the business climate
- specific examples of good business practice in these markets and policies which are working well
- what DIT could do to encourage you to think about exporting to these markets