Also in the news...
What UK goods vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage.
Find out how to import firewood, such as logs and kindling, into England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain).
If you’re a business that currently buys goods from or sells goods to countries outside the UK, or are planning to trade with Europe from January 2021, HMRC’s new tool can help you identify ways you might be able to make the customs process easier for cheaper for your business. This short video shows you how to use the tool.
If you’re a UK business thinking about moving goods into or out of the UK , this video is here to help you understand how customs intermediaries or agents can help you. For more information have a look at the guidance available on gov.uk.
If you're buying or selling goods abroad, you need to work out the amount of duty or VAT you owe. This short video tells you how to find out the ‘commodity code’ classification for your goods, using our Trade Tariff tool. Find out more on GOV.UK
Russia: Law amending CFC and corporate tax residence rules signed and published
The President of the Russian Federation signed on 29 December 2017, Law No. 436-FZ of 28 December 2017 (the Law), which amends the Tax Code and several legislative acts. The Law was thereafter published in the official government portal. It provides for the following main changes in controlled foreign company (CFC) rules:
- the process of calculating the CFC taxable base for transactions involving financial assets is brought up to date with recent developments;
- income derived from certain genuine transactions in derivative instruments will be considered as active income (CFC income is exempt if active income equals or exceeds 80% of the total CFC income);
- the below actions performed in Russia by/on behalf of foreign companies will not be interpreted as evidence of Russian corporate tax residence:
- drafting minutes of meetings of the board of directors;
- drafting minutes of meetings of the shareholders;
- planning and administering activities of the foreign company by a related party; and
- administering works performed outside Russia related to the exploration or extraction of mineral resources;
- implementation of rules on calculating the CFC taxable base of a foreign consolidated group;
- enactment of rules on the CFC exemption for a multistage ownership structure;
- introduction of taxation on individuals upon the sale of assets that were acquired after the liquidation of a CFC; and
- extension of the list of activities of foreign companies that do not lead to a permanent establishment in Russia.
Article supplied by the Fiducenter