Also in the news...
How you import from and export to Japan.
Looking for a new start this year? At Charterhouse Lombard we put together the best offers from free zones around the country to find the right match for you.
The groups were established in July 2020 to meet the requirements of the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) trade negotiations.
Check the availability and any issues affecting the Customs Declaration Services.
Specification of requirements and grant funding agreements for exhibitors in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Preparing for the Customs Declaration Service
Find out what you need to do to prepare for making declarations on the Customs Declaration Service.
Steps you need to follow if you’re a trader
You need to:
1. Consider getting someone to do declarations for you, such as a Customs Agent, freight forwarder or fast parcel operator. You can also use the Trader Support Service to help with the new processes under the Northern Ireland Protocol.
2. Buy the specialist software needed to interact with HMRC’s systems, if you’re thinking about submitting import declarations yourself.
3. Have a Government Gateway user ID, and get access to the Customs Declaration Service. If you do not already have a Government Gateway user ID you can get it at the same time.
4. Make sure you have an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number. If you are getting anEORIfor the first time, you can get access to the Customs Declaration Service at the same time.
5. Verify the email address we’ll use to send you updates on changes to the Customs Declaration Service and notifications of new import statements and payments.
6. Get access to the Customs Declaration Service. If you do not already have a Government Gateway User ID, you can get it at the same time.
7. Understand the information needed to make declarations on Customs Declaration Service and consider any training or information needed by your staff.
8. Decide if you want to use the optional Trader Dress Rehearsal test service. Speak to your software provider to understand how to get access to this.
9. Understand whether you would benefit from certain customs authorisations, and apply for these.
10. Find out if you need a licence for imports or exports to move the type of goods you will be declaring and apply.
11. Choose a payment method for the Customs Declaration Service.