Also in the news...
If you’re using a preference from a preference agreement or the Generalised Scheme of Preferences, you will need to prove the origin of your goods.
How to claim preferential rates of duty on goods covered in the UK's deal with the EU and how to declare goods imported into the UK on your import declaration.
Forex Market is also known as Foreign Exchange Market or Currency Trading Market.
Obtaining a business license in Italy: what you need to know
The UK has introduced a points-based immigration system.
PM celebrates US investment and jobs boost on Washington trip
UK companies have announced US trade and investment deals worth more than £1.1 billion that will create 1,700 new jobs in the UK.
As the Prime Minister sets off for talks with President Obama on global economic security, UK companies have announced US trade and investment deals worth more than £1.1 billion that will create 1,700 new jobs in the UK.
The US is the UK’s biggest trade partner with exports to the US worth nearly £90 billion in 2013 – more than any other country in the EU. The US is the biggest investor in the UK and our trade relationship with the US continues to grow, with trade increasing by over £7 billion (5.5%) in 2013.
US trade facts.
- we keep mac n’ cheese on the menu by exporting £22.6 million of cheddar to the USA every year
- we are topping up Martinis from Philadelphia to Los Angeles through our £135 million worth of gin exports
- we are keeping Americans on the road, selling £6 million of bicycles, £3.3 billion worth of cars and £33 million of motorbikes
- we sell £500 million of British TV programmes in the US, keeping 11 million Americans glued to their TV sets to see the next Downton Abbey episode
- we’ve sold over £200 million of Scottish Salmon to the US market, maintaining the restaurants of New York, Boston, and Miami in plentiful supply