Also in the news...
If you run an EU-based business, check what your business needs to know to continue trading with the UK.
Find out about new safety and security declarations that will apply from 1 October 2021 on goods leaving Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).
It is one of the best ways for the Italian citizen to manage their business. This corporate vehicle allows access to multiple advantages of an advanced jurisdiction such as the US and also manages to maintain a low tax rate with very manageable levels of accounting and bureaucracy.
Joint Ministerial Declaration on Future Economic Cooperation between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).
These are exciting times for Dubai and the UAE. With the entire business world’s attention soon to turn to the Emirates with the delayed Expo 2020 kicking off in October (and continuing all the way through to the end of March next year) it’s never been a better time to be a UAE business owner
PM celebrates US investment and jobs boost on Washington trip
UK companies have announced US trade and investment deals worth more than £1.1 billion that will create 1,700 new jobs in the UK.
As the Prime Minister sets off for talks with President Obama on global economic security, UK companies have announced US trade and investment deals worth more than £1.1 billion that will create 1,700 new jobs in the UK.
The US is the UK’s biggest trade partner with exports to the US worth nearly £90 billion in 2013 – more than any other country in the EU. The US is the biggest investor in the UK and our trade relationship with the US continues to grow, with trade increasing by over £7 billion (5.5%) in 2013.
US trade facts.
- we keep mac n’ cheese on the menu by exporting £22.6 million of cheddar to the USA every year
- we are topping up Martinis from Philadelphia to Los Angeles through our £135 million worth of gin exports
- we are keeping Americans on the road, selling £6 million of bicycles, £3.3 billion worth of cars and £33 million of motorbikes
- we sell £500 million of British TV programmes in the US, keeping 11 million Americans glued to their TV sets to see the next Downton Abbey episode
- we’ve sold over £200 million of Scottish Salmon to the US market, maintaining the restaurants of New York, Boston, and Miami in plentiful supply