Also in the news...
The UK is one of the best places on Earth to have a business. This makes many overseas companies seek to enter the UK market.
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Nigeriaís capital is gradually becoming a renowned city in Africa. In recent times, there has been an influx of people into the city and its real estate development and construction sectors are developing at a tremendous pace.
Looking to set up your UAE company? How about a visa for life? It might sound too good to be true, but itís a reality. And the offer ends October 31st.
If you want to build traction for your startup, you need to invest in a high-quality website. You also can't afford to make too many mistakes, because a good website costs money.
The Government reveals the 12 businesses from across the UK who will showcase their green technology and innovations at the Global Investment Summit.
New and improved UK visa application centre opens in Connaught Place, Delhi
The British High Commissioner for India, Sir James Bevan KCMG, formally opened the UK & Irelandís new Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Connaught Place, Delhi today.
The new VAC brings a number of benefits to customers in the capital. As well as a more central location, the new VAC is situated in the same premises as the Schengen VAC, allowing customers planning a European holiday or business trip the convenience of applying for both visas at the same time. Customers can simply apply for their UK visa, purchase the passport passback service in order to keep their passport while their UK application is processed, and then go across the hall to the Schengen VAC to apply for their Schengen visa.
Sir James Bevan KCMG said:
Following Prime Minister Modiís successful visit to the UK last week, we hope that more Indian visitors will be inspired to choose the UK for their next holiday. Not only do Indian visitors benefit our economy (last year they spent £444m in the UK) they take back to India good memories of the UK, which benefits the wider relationship between our two countries.
We are committed to improving the visa service we offer to Indian customers to make it as straightforward as possible to apply for a visa and the opening of this new Visa Application Centre is another example of the improvements we are making.
Other recent improvements to the visa service in India include the introduction of new services at selected VACs across India, provided by UKVIís commercial partner, VFS Global. Many of these services were initially suggested by travel agents and customers.
The new services include:
- Online Payment Assistance Ė allows customers to pay for their visa by cash at the VAC, using VFS Globalís credit card to make the payment.
- Certification Ė enables customers to keep hold of their original documents. Customers need to bring original documentation to the VAC to show VFS staff, who then photocopy the documents which then get sent to the decision hub along with the application.
- Walk- in appointments - for customers short on time, or who can no longer make their booked appointment
- Digital Assist - providing help to customers who do not have internet access, by filling in their application forms for them at the Visa Application Centre
- Group appointments Ė allowing groups to book appointments at the same time in the same VAC, regardless of the size of the group.
The new UK & Ireland Visa Application Centre replaces the one in Nehru Place, which closed on 6 November and no longer accepts visa applications.