NewsCase StudiesEvents

Legal Documents Transfer Of Property

Also in the news...

International Trade Week launched to support new exporters

Trade department support for exporters in week-long event taking place next month

Moving Abroad For Work: How To Manage Your Finances

Relocating to a new country to start a business or get an exciting new role is an exhilarating process, but you need to make sure that you’re fully prepared.

International Trade Secretary opens the Global Investment Summit

Secretary of State for International Trade, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, welcomes overseas investors and delegates to the Global Investment Summit in London.

Croatia: providing services and travelling for business

Guidance for UK businesses on rules for selling services to Croatia.

Prime Minister and Bill Gates launch £400m partnership to boost green investment

The strategic partnership with the Breakthrough Energy Catalyst will mobilise £200 million of private sector funding over 10 years.

Legal Documents Transfer Of Property

Back to News

1. Property title documents – certifying the title of the property.

Most frequent documents of ownership:

  • Title Deed, registered with the Registry Agency– title deed for purchase and sale, title deed for donation, title deed for exchange, notarized statement of ascertainment;
  • Deed with registration records;
  • Sales Agreementexecuted under the Ordinance on State-Owned Properties;
  • Sales Agreement,executed under the Municipal Property Act and the State-Owned Public or Municipal Real Estate Act. If executed after 1 June 1996, this Agreement has to be registered with the Registry Office.

2. Property Tax Evaluation Certificate– issued by the local tax office at the property domicile. The Property Tax Evaluation Certificate has to contain an address identical to the address of the property as per the title deed, or in case of discrepancy, Certificate of Identity of Addresses has to be issued. The Property Tax Evaluation Certificate shall list all of property owners.

Property co-owners may not have any outstanding debts concerning the property (this means paying property tax and waste discharge fees), which shall be indicated in the Property Tax Evaluation Certificate.

3.Certificate of Marital Status of the seller(s), indicating the marital status of all owners as of the date of acquisition of the property. This certificate shall be issued by the Uniform System for Civil Registration and Administrative Services to Population department in the district of domicile of the owner.

4.Marriage Certificate of the seller, if applicable.

5. If the property is not acquired as marital property, it shall not be considered matrimonial property community (MPC); however, in case the address of the property is the address of registration of one of the spouses, a statement has to be filed, under article 26 of the Family Code, which shall evidence the respective spouse agrees to with the sale. This shall also apply for property acquired by inheritance, donation, and in general cases other than MPC.

6. If the property has any real rights registered, in order to execute the sale transaction, the user shall abandon all the real rights, established in their favour, by filing a waiver of the right to use the property. The waiver has to be signed in the presence of a Notary Public and shall be registered with the Notary Public’s file. In case the used is deceased, an excerpt of the Death Certificate shall be submitted.

7. In case the property is subject to partition – the document in question (contract, ruling), registered with the Registry Agency.

8. Plan of the plot, in case of transfer of land (land plot, yard or part of yard, where the property/apartment is built). It shall be issued by the technical service in the district of location of the property, and shall have a term of validity for 6 months.

9. In case the property has been received as inheritance – Certificate of Inheritance, Certificate of Death of the predecessor, Last Will and Testament.

10. In case the seller is divorced, the court ruling dissolving the marriage in divorce shall be presented.

11. Specific cases require different documents, which follow the property history and proves the title of ownership.

12. Certificate of Burdens for the property – to be issued by the Registry Agency, and including any and all ownership documents – from the date of the first Title Deed to the date of the last Title Deed, and in case of inheritance – a Certificate of Inheritance. In case the property includes land or shares of land, a plan of the property shall be enclosed as well.

13. In case the seller is unable to perform the formalities for a transaction personally, the seller shall have the lawful obligation to appoint another person to represent the Seller with a Power of Attorney. This Power of Attorney shall be notarized, and both the signatures affixed and the content of this Power of Attorney shall be certified. A declaration under article 25, paragraph 7 of the Notaries and Notary Practices Acts (NNPA) and a declaration under article 264, paragraph 1 of the Taxation and Social Security Code of Procedure (TSCCP) shall be issued.

14. An identity document, which confirms the identity of both the buyer and the seller (identity cards, certificates of good standing, and a decision of the competent body – in case the party under the transaction is a legal entity).

15. In case the transaction refers to transferring developed buildings – the respective documents issued by the builder/investor – building permits, architectural design and distribution of land, permit to use – Act Form 16, et al.

16. Other documents, according to the specifics of the transaction. Due to the diversity of documents possible, we recommend that the documents under this transaction be checked by a lawyer.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.