NewsCase StudiesEvents

Introduction of appointments for notarial and ETDs in Hong Kong

Also in the news...

Hundreds of Scottish businesses set to benefit as UK launches trade deal with Gulf nations

The landmark deal is expected to add at least £270 million a year to the Scottish economy, with food and drink and renewable energy businesses set to benefit.

Multi-year UAE business licenses highly discounted

Running throughout the summer, Charterhouse Lombard is offering cost-effective setup packages with the option of buying a multi-year license at a significant discount. Get in touch with us today to ask about:

Joint Statement on UK-Thailand Joint Economic and Trade Committee

A Joint Statement between the United Kingdom and Thailand concluding the first Joint Economic and Trade Committee

UK-Andean countries trade agreement

Documents containing treaty information and a summary of the UK-Andean countries trade agreement.

UK pledges support to help Ukraine rebuild post conflict

The International Trade Secretary hosts high-level talks on how the international community can help rebuild Ukraine after the conflict.

Introduction of appointments for notarial and ETDs in Hong Kong

Back to News

From 23 March 2015 you will need to make an online appointment before visiting the Consulate for notarial services and ETDs.

From 23 March 2015 British nationals needing to visit the Consular Section of the British Consulate General in Hong Kong for notarial services and Emergency Travel Documents must make an online appointment in advance. The online booking service will replace the current first-come first-served queuing system.

The new, easy to use online booking service will enable you to book an appointment in advance for notarial and Emergency Travel Documents.

A same day notarial service will be provided subject to the application being correctly completed and Emergency Travel Documents will be issued one day before travel unless a visa is required for the country you are travelling to. Please ensure you have all necessary documentation and the appropriate fee for the service you require.

This change to how we provide our notarial services and Emergency Travel Documents in Hong Kong is part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s 2013-2016 Consular Strategy, launched by the British Foreign Secretary in April 2013. The strategy commits us to providing a more professional, modern and streamlined service for British Nationals who require access to notarial and Emergency Travel Documents.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.