Also in the news...
The UK has introduced a points-based immigration system.
Find out what you need to do to prepare for making declarations on the Customs Declaration Service.
If youíre setting up a new online business, having a user-friendly website and sound SEO strategy thatís tailored to your target market is important. And if youíre targeting British consumers, there are a few SEO boxes you can tick to ensure you rank well on UK-based searches and drive the right traffic back to your website.
Find out whether you're established in the UK for customs purposes.
What UK goods vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage.
Helping 2.2million Small businesses manage their credit scores and improve access to finance
There are many ways that small businesses can access funding today, so it is essential that small businesses appear as attractive a proposition as possible when seeking investment to grow.
is an online subscription service which gives company directors the ability to proactively monitor and manage their Experian commercial credit score. Taking control of a companyís credit position is one of the most effective ways to maximise a businessí chances of securing investment and increasing the funding options available.
My Business Profile helps directors to identify and understand the top factors influencing their businessí credit score, in real time, at the click of a button.
Key features of My Business Profile:
- Key scoring factors:Understand the key factors which are having either a positive or negative influence on your business credit report, from filing annual returns, CCJs and credit searches to payment history, learn how to address any negative factors
- Commercial CAIS:Provides you with the same Credit Account Information Sharing (CAIS) data used by lenders so you can see the information they see about you when making a lending decision
- Automatic alerts:Inform you immediately when your credit file has been searched or when there is a significant change in your business credit report, potentially indicating fraudulent activity
- Expert support:Greater insight and support via live webchats or a dedicated call centre offering on the spot advice to enable you to make your credit profile the best it can be
- Unlimited access:Get your Experian Credit Report and Experian Credit Score as and when you need it, 24/7
- First month free: 12 months access to your My Business Profile account for just £24.99 per month and get the first month free
Who are Experian?
- Global information services company that provides data and analytical tools to clients
- FTSE 100, global company
- Specialists in the credit risk managment, fraud prevention and target marketing
- Also provides "own company reports" and credit scores to help you check your financial position and help protect against identity theft