NewsCase StudiesEvents

Foreign travel advice New Caledonia

Also in the news...

Republic of Belarus sanctions: guidance

Guidance on the Republic of Belarus (Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019

UK-New Zealand Joint Committee ministerial statement

Details of the Joint Committee held as part of the United Kingdom-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement on 8 May 2024.

Tips for Success in the German Market:

Avoiding Pitfalls and Understanding German Consumer Needs

UK-China Intellectual Property Newsletter

At the end of every month we publish a newsletter covering recent intellectual property (IP) developments in China.

Ensuring Compliance: Strategies For Meeting Health And Safety Standards Abroad

Expanding your business abroad brings a wealth of opportunities, but it also introduces new challenges, particularly in maintaining health and safety standards. Ensuring compliance with local regulations is not just a legal obligation; it's crucial for the well-being of your employees and the overall success of your venture.

Foreign travel advice New Caledonia

Back to News

Warnings and insurance Still current at: 22 May 2024 Updated: 22 May 2024 Latest update: France, Australia, and New Zealand are carrying out evacuation flights (‘Warnings and insurance’ page).

FCDO advises against all but essential travel to New Caledonia

Your travel insurance could be invalidated if you travel against FCDO advice. Consular support is also severely limited where FCDO advises against travel.

Given ongoing tensions and the current closure of the international airport, we advise against all but essential travel to New Caledonia.

Following ongoing protests and blockades, a state of emergency is currently in force in New Caledonia.

Leaving New Caledonia

France, Australia and New Zealand are carrying out evacuation flights from New Caledonia. We are in direct contact with British Nationals about options to join these. If you are a British National in New Caledonia, make sure you register your presence so we can contact you.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.