NewsCase StudiesEvents

EU business: working in the UK

Also in the news...

Trade with the UK as a business based in the EU

If you run an EU-based business, check what your business needs to know to continue trading with the UK.

Safety and security requirements on imports and exports

Find out about new safety and security declarations that will apply from 1 October 2021 on goods leaving Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).

How to open a company in the USA while maintaining residence in Italy

It is one of the best ways for the Italian citizen to manage their business. This corporate vehicle allows access to multiple advantages of an advanced jurisdiction such as the US and also manages to maintain a low tax rate with very manageable levels of accounting and bureaucracy.

UK-ASEAN Joint declaration

Joint Ministerial Declaration on Future Economic Cooperation between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).


These are exciting times for Dubai and the UAE. With the entire business worlds attention soon to turn to the Emirates with the delayed Expo 2020 kicking off in October (and continuing all the way through to the end of March next year) its never been a better time to be a UAE business owner

EU business: working in the UK

Back to News

Find out what EU citizens need to do if they are working in the UK.

Business activity in the UK

Freedom of movement between the EU and UK has ended. EU, EEA and Swiss citizens entering the UK for work purposes may need to apply for a visa through the UKs points-based immigration system. This depends on the nature of their visit.

For visits under 6 months, EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can enter the UK without applying for a visa. They may participate in business-related activities, such as meetings, events and conferences.

If you require EU, EEA or Swiss citizens to go to the UK to work for longer than 6 months, you will need to check the UKs immigration laws.

If you employ or intend to employ an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen to commute into the UK, you will need to consult guidance for frontier workers.

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen working in the UK, you may need to consult guidance on how to pay social security contributions.

The new rules do not apply to Irish citizens because of the Common Travel Area arrangement.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.