NewsCase StudiesEvents

Establish an US entity

Also in the news...

Import firewood into England, Scotland or Wales

Find out how to import firewood, such as logs and kindling, into England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain).

How to check if you can delay customs payments and declarations

If you’re a business that currently buys goods from or sells goods to countries outside the UK, or are planning to trade with Europe from January 2021, HMRC’s new tool can help you identify ways you might be able to make the customs process easier for cheaper for your business. This short video shows you how to use the tool.

How can a customs intermediary or agent help me?

If you’re a UK business thinking about moving goods into or out of the UK , this video is here to help you understand how customs intermediaries or agents can help you. For more information have a look at the guidance available on

What are commodity codes?

If you're buying or selling goods abroad, you need to work out the amount of duty or VAT you owe. This short video tells you how to find out the ‘commodity code’ classification for your goods, using our Trade Tariff tool. Find out more on GOV.UK

What are controlled goods?

You’ll need a licence to import or export certain types of controlled goods. You may also need to pay extra duty in the UK. Unsure if this applies to your goods? This short video explains more about the types of goods that are classed as controlled. Find out more on GOV.UK

Establish an US entity

Back to News

In order to establish a US entity, you can use the 10 steps laid out below as a guide:

Setting up in America

  • Legal Setup: Decide on the corporate structure, contractual terms, and employment matters
  • Investment Requirements: If seeking investment ensure documentation and materials are US focused
  • Establish a US Bank Account: Often done by a US lawyer, it can be a lengthy and complex procedure
  • Back Office Support: Accounting, payroll and employee tax withholding, HR and employee benefits, etc
  • Tax Structure and Compliance: Utilise a CPA or Tax Accountant to ensure you are setup in a compliant manner both in the US and home country regarding your tax structures
  • Insurance: You will need certain types of insurance for US operations and risk mitigation
  • Incentives: US states offer various investment incentives, as do many local government units
  • Location & Office: Research and identify the optimal US location along with your office requirements
  • Immigration: Your US visa requirements should be part of the planning process in structuring your US operation
  • Recruitment: Find, train and attract the right talent for your

    PGC is ready to partner with you. Utilize our expertise and knowledge to ensure your workforce is managedproperly, allowing you to focus on growing your business while being confident your people are looked after, and your company is protected from the many risks associated with employment compliance in the US and Canada.

  • Our solution is flexible and our team is trained to find a solution rather than offer a boilerplate menu of services

    Want to see more?

    Our website has even more details and stats on US and Canadian employment.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.