Also in the news...
Find out whether you're established in the UK for customs purposes.
What UK goods vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage.
Find out how to import firewood, such as logs and kindling, into England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain).
If you’re a business that currently buys goods from or sells goods to countries outside the UK, or are planning to trade with Europe from January 2021, HMRC’s new tool can help you identify ways you might be able to make the customs process easier for cheaper for your business. This short video shows you how to use the tool.
If you’re a UK business thinking about moving goods into or out of the UK , this video is here to help you understand how customs intermediaries or agents can help you. For more information have a look at the guidance available on gov.uk.
Discount Vouchers: Pros and Cons
Spring season sale, Christmas season sale, End of season sale, winter sale and god knows how many sales make us wait for the dress or gadget just because the price will be reduced.
Similarly, we shop more just to earn those extra points which will give us discount or voucher that can be used in the next shopping spree. But the question arises these discount vouchers and discounts beneficial? Is it doing any benefit or just a hoax? Here we bring to you some pros and cons that will give you a better understanding of these discount coupons and make you a smart shopper:
- Limited Research: Time spent searching a dress or accessory or a gadget in your budget can be tedious and time-consuming. But when you know there are deals on certain items you will directly visit that section and choose what is in your budget and perfect for you.
- One stop destination: Rather than walking down the street and taking a halt at every store where you can find sale or discount; online websites bring you everything under one roof whether branded or non-branded. You just have to set your preferences and apply the discount code you got from promo site like Bydiscountcodes.co.uk and purchase anything within minutes sitting home.
- Great deals falling in your budget: There are many sites that offer weekend deals on dinner, movies, shoes and even apparels that will help you spend without extending your budget and still can satisfy your shopping cravings.
- Increase in savings: Now when you can shop on discounts it will leave you with some hard cash that can be saved every month if you stay within your set budget. It will not only increase your savings in the bank but over the period you can buy a new asset for the house or invest in some funds that will yield more earnings in future.
- Brand Loyalty: If you are brand conscious but the price tags do not let you buy that dress or gadget. Now you can prove your brand loyalty by purchasing the same thing on discount.
- Competitive Edge: For websites and new business houses they will gain a competitive advantage over the other players in the market. It will also help you to start your own business with minimum investment.
- You become a spend thrift: Anything, when done in excess, is not right and discount culture makes one spend more than required making you a spend thrift.
- Confusion and some more confusion: You will be confused what to get and what not. So be clear cut why you are shopping, what is your budget and what do you want to shop?
- Limited period deals: One of the problems with deals is that you never know when the deal ends. So if you have a pending voucher for spa or dinners make sure to use it before the expiry date.
So to conclude everything comes with pros and cons, but you need to decide how to maximise the pros and keep in control to mitigate the effect of cons.