NewsCase StudiesEvents

Coronavirus (COVID-19): information for farmers, landowners and rural businesses

Also in the news...

Trade with the UK as a business based in the EU

If you run an EU-based business, check what your business needs to know to continue trading with the UK.

Safety and security requirements on imports and exports

Find out about new safety and security declarations that will apply from 1 October 2021 on goods leaving Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).

How to open a company in the USA while maintaining residence in Italy

It is one of the best ways for the Italian citizen to manage their business. This corporate vehicle allows access to multiple advantages of an advanced jurisdiction such as the US and also manages to maintain a low tax rate with very manageable levels of accounting and bureaucracy.

UK-ASEAN Joint declaration

Joint Ministerial Declaration on Future Economic Cooperation between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).


These are exciting times for Dubai and the UAE. With the entire business world’s attention soon to turn to the Emirates with the delayed Expo 2020 kicking off in October (and continuing all the way through to the end of March next year) it’s never been a better time to be a UAE business owner

Coronavirus (COVID-19): information for farmers, landowners and rural businesses

Back to News

The latest information for farmers, landowners and rural businesses during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Read this page for regular updates.

Updates on rural payments, grants and services

Countryside Stewardship

Countryside Stewardship capital claims

If you have problems collecting all the evidence for your capital claim due to coronavirus (COVID-19) illness or restrictions, please do all you can to submit your claim, making it clear that your evidence is missing due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Please continue to collect the evidence as soon as you are able to do so, and keep hold of it as we’ll ask for it at a later date.

Countryside Stewardship: extension to capital agreements

We are offering an extension of one year to all customers with capital agreements that started after 1 April 2018 or in 2019 for:

  • Hedgerows and Boundaries grant
  • Woodland creation, Woodland tree health, Woodland management plan,
  • PA1, PA2 and PA3
  • Water capital grants
  • Historic Buildings Restoration grants

For agreements that started in 2020, the claim period remains the same, but this will be reviewed.

Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) - Growth Programme

British Cattle Movement Service: requesting cattle passport amendments

Following the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak we temporarily asked you to request cattle passport amendments by email.

Who we will contact

We want to reach as many customers as possible during these challenging times. Therefore, we are sending reminders to more of our BPS and CS contacts we hold in the Rural Payment service who have ‘submit’ or ‘full’ permissions.

  • Customers or their agents must hold ‘submit’ and ‘full’ business permissions
  • An agent with ‘full’ business or ‘submit’ permissions supersedes a customer with ‘full’ or ‘submit’ business permissions
  • If multiple agents have ‘submit’ or ‘full’ permissions, the agent with ‘full’ business permission supersedes those with ‘submit’
  • If multiple agents have ‘full business’ permissions, they all receive any communications
  • If there is no agent with ‘full’ business permission, but there are multiple agents with ‘submit’ permissions, they will all receive any communications
  • All agents must have an email address registered in the Rural Payments service
  • If no agents fit the above criteria, the same criteria will be used against the remaining people with permissions.

You need to be certain that any correspondence or contact you receive from us is genuine as there are coronavirus (COVID-19) related scams from people claiming to be from other government departments.

Postal addresses

Where there is no email option available, use the following addresses for anything urgent

Countryside Stewardship customers

Rural Payments Agency
PO Box 324
S95 1DF

Basic Payment Scheme customers and all RLE1 forms

Rural Payments Agency
PO Box 352
S80 9FG

BCMS customers

Rural Payments Agency
British Cattle Movement Service
Curwen Road
CA14 2DD

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.