Also in the news...
Specification of requirements and grant funding agreements for exhibitors in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
A free trade deal between the UK and India could bring huge benefits for Scotch whisky producers, as the UK Government looks to cut tariffs of up to 150%.
Information on key security and political risks which UK businesses may face when operating in Belgium.
Use this guide as a supplement when using the CHIEF and CDS trade tariffs to import and export goods to and from Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) after the end of the transition period.
Find out how inland pre-clearance checks affect you and what you need to do when we carry out checks on your goods.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for UK businesses
Guidance for UK businesses trading internationally
This guidance is for UK businesses that export or deliver goods and services abroad and have been impacted by the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
1. DIT support for UK businesses trading internationally
DIT can advise on:
- smooth clearance of products with customs authorities
- intellectual property ( IP) and other issues with business continuity
- export plans and exploring market opportunities
- finding new routes to markets
- dealing with agents and distributors
- selling online and updating your digital (online) presence
1.1Supply chains affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
DITcan help you to find alternative suppliers. We have relationships with a global network of businesses across the world and may be able to advise you on the options available.
You can get support through (one of the following):
- directly contacting your trade adviser where you have an existing relationship
- your local trade office in the UKif your supply chain has been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
2.UK Export Finance ( UKEF) support for UK exporters
UKEFcan help businesses facing disruption due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Read more aboutUKEFís finance and insurance support for exporters.
Our network of UK and international trade offices are working closely with businesses that have seen their trade impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
You can access DITsupport by:
- contacting your international trade adviser directly where you have an existing relationship
- finding your nearest local trade office in the UK to discuss specific trade issues
For UK businesses with overseas presence, or operating projects in other countries, our worldwide DIToffices can provide information on trade issues specific to that region or country.
DITprovides cross-border e-commerce support, including connecting businesses to e-commerce advisers for tailored one-to-one advice. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The Department of Health and Social Care have published guidance outlining the PPE export control process.
The guidance is aimed at economic operators, including manufacturers and distributors, wishing to export PPE goods to a destination outside of the EU, EFTA, or certain dependent and other territories.
4.Further business support for coronavirus (COVID-19)
You can visit the governmentís business support hubfor more information