Also in the news...
Find out about new safety and security declarations that will apply from 1 October 2021 on goods leaving Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).
It is one of the best ways for the Italian citizen to manage their business. This corporate vehicle allows access to multiple advantages of an advanced jurisdiction such as the US and also manages to maintain a low tax rate with very manageable levels of accounting and bureaucracy.
Joint Ministerial Declaration on Future Economic Cooperation between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).
These are exciting times for Dubai and the UAE. With the entire business world’s attention soon to turn to the Emirates with the delayed Expo 2020 kicking off in October (and continuing all the way through to the end of March next year) it’s never been a better time to be a UAE business owner
The concierge service provides a one-stop shop to help maritime businesses interact with government departments.
AFEX Market Watch Mon 22nd August
Mon Aug 22 • No first tier data Tues Aug 23 • 07:00 CHF Trade balance • 11:00 GBP CBI industrial order expectations
Wed Aug 24
· 09:30 GBP BBA Mortgage approvals
· 15:30 USD Crude oil inventories
Thu Aug 25
· 09:00 EUR German IFO business climate
· 11:00 GBP CBI realized sales
· 13:30 USD Core Durable goods M/M
· 13:30 USD Unemployment claims
Fri Aug 26
· 00:00 USD Fed Chair Yellen speaks at Jackson Hole symposium
· 09:30 GBP Second estimate GDP Q/Q
· 09:30 GBP Prelim business investment Q/Q
· 13:30 USD Prelim GDP Q/Q
At the start of this week sterling was under pressure in anticipation of the first releases of poor economic data since June 23rd. By the end of the week GBPUSD had gained 2% after CPI had gained 0.6% average earnings had posted a healthy 2.4% rise and the Great British consumer had gone shopping and increased retail sales by 1.4% in July. However, the UK still has no Brexit plan and the City is preparing itself for a new relationship with the EU which will probably not include universal access to the single market. The week to come is quite light on data so CBI readings will be inspected and Friday’s GDP second estimate is the most important data point for the Pound.
The Euro made gains last week on the back of other currencies weakness. The US and Australian Dollars took a step lower for different reasons but pushed the Euro higher.
The FOMC minutes showed a Federal Reserve that comprised differing views about US interest rates and as such the chances of a September rate hike slipped again despite some hawkish comments from NY Fed Dudley. The main talking point for the Dollar will be Fed Chair Yellen’s speech at the Jackson Hole symposium with the market looking for more clues on interest rates.
Commonwealth et al
An excellent example of jawboning saw Saudi Arabia talk the oil price higher with vague promises of agreements to limit production by Opec whilst increasing production to all-time highs themselves. The main beneficiary was the Loonie and it is set to stay firm as long as oil does as well.
- AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist.
- Free Business & Private Accounts (No obligation to trade, cancel anytime with no fee)
- Free Risk Management Consultation to assess your current FX rates & risk exposure
- 24/7 Access to our market leading online payment platform – AFEXDirect
- Currency MasterCard (14 currencies, free of any mark up, spread or commission)
- Dedicated Account Management team to provide up to date market information
- Preferential exchange rates on over 85 currencies
- Operating since 1979
- FCA Authorised and Regulated
My contact details are below if you are interested in discussing in more detail regarding this week’s events or to open a free business account with AFEX.
Richard TorresHead of Desk – Corporate • DD: +44 (0)207 004 3887 please quote Startup Overseas