NewsCase StudiesEvents

Advantages to Register in The Netherlands

Also in the news...

New immigration system: what you need to know

The UK has introduced a points-based immigration system.

Preparing for the Customs Declaration Service

Find out what you need to do to prepare for making declarations on the Customs Declaration Service.

Online Business Set-Up: 5 Tips to Help Your Website Rank in the UK

If you’re setting up a new online business, having a user-friendly website and sound SEO strategy that’s tailored to your target market is important. And if you’re targeting British consumers, there are a few SEO boxes you can tick to ensure you rank well on UK-based searches and drive the right traffic back to your website.

Check if you’re established in the UK for customs

Find out whether you're established in the UK for customs purposes.

Carry out international road haulage

What UK goods vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage.

Advantages to Register in The Netherlands

Back to News

Important aspects of the Dutch Limited BV Company

A BV is a legal entity. This means that the BV has its own legal rights and obligations.

The minimum capital requirement for Dutch BV has been abolished.

It is therefore not required to open a bank account for the Dutch BV and transfer the minimum issued share capital prior to the incorporation.

This is an important difference with the public limited company (Naamloze vennootschap), the NV, for which there is a minimum paid-up capital of EUR 45,000.

The incorporation of a BV must be done by notarial deed containing the articles of association of the BV (we take care of this process on our clients’ behalf).

The BV is able to create types of shares, including variable voting rights.

A BV can issue non-voting shares and shares without profit rights, if the articles of association allow that possibility (non-voting shares and shares without profit rights are not possible for the NV).

The shares of a BV may be freely transferable or subject to transfer restrictions (rights of first refusal or any other rights), depending on the articles of association.

The BV has to be registered with the Dutch trade register. It also has to file its annual report yearly at the trade register.

The shares of a BV can be denominated in another currency than euro.

Tax planning through the Netherlands

The Netherlands can in no way be considered an offshore finance centre. Corporate rates of tax are high: 20% or 25% tax is levied on worldwide income. However, concessionary treatment of some forms of income coupled with the extremely wide network of double taxation treaties signed by The Netherlands (over 90 taxation treaties have currently been concluded including treaties with most of the major developed nations of the world) provide outstanding opportunities to use Netherlands corporations in structuring international financial transactions. Netherlands companies may be advantageously put to the following uses:

Holding Companies

Subject to certain conditions a resident Dutch company may qualify for the “participation exemption” which exempts such companies from corporate tax on income and capital gains resulting from the holding or disposal of qualifying shareholdings.

Finance Companies

The Netherlands imposes no withholding taxes on interest paid by a Netherlands company to a non-resident. Additionally, many of the Dutch tax treaties allow foreign companies to pay interest to a Netherlands company without a requirement to withhold tax or subject to a requirement to withhold tax at a reduced level. The Netherlands may therefore provide a suitable conduit through which inter-company loans may be made. The Netherlands require that the margin of profit on loans received and made must be (subject to a decreasing sliding scale) of between 1/6% and 1/8% for inter group loans and between 1/32% and 1/4% on third party loans. The amount of this margin would be taxable at normal Dutch rates, but the balance of the interest received will escape Dutch taxation.

Licensing Companies

There is no withholding tax on royalty payments made by a Dutch company to a non-resident and, as with interest payments, many of the tax treaties signed by The Netherlands allow foreign companies to make royalty payments to a Netherlands company without a requirement to withhold tax or subject to only a reduced rate of withholding tax. Where the Dutch company is related to the payee or payer then a margin on basis of a sliding scale ranging from 2%-7% (6% for lump sum payments and film royalties) must be maintained between the royalties received and the expenses paid out. The amount of this margin would be taxable at normal Dutch rates, but the balance of the royalties received will escape Dutch taxation.


What separates us from our competitors is that our services don’t end with the registration of your company. We offer a wide range of additional services others can’t or just won’t offer, such as lifetime free support.

Whilst most providers either specialise on personalized consultation at relatively high rates or run bulk registration factories without any support, we want to offer the positive aspects of both types.

Therefore TBA combines professional advice, worldwide registration services, reasonable fees, customized order processing, lifetime support and fast processing. Where others see company formation services as a bulk registration with no support and no individual assistance, we do care about your business needs

Should you have any question or matter
You would like to discuss or clarify with us


Should you like to receive further Information
About our services and fees, …

Our multi-lingual team of business advisors is happy to assist you with all upcoming questions and issues in relation to your company.
You may call or email us, and we will be happy to assist you in a fast and efficient manner.
You can also come and visit us at our Limassol offices to discuss issues face to face if you prefer. Just arrange an appointment and we will be happy to meet with you.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.