NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Starting a Business with a US Citizen - What are my options?

#1 Aug 5 2011 1:07pm

Starting a Business with a US Citizen - What are my options?

Hi All

I've recently been asked by a friend of mine from New York if I'd like to get involved with a project she's working on. I currently run my own Limited company (of which I'm the sole shareholder, director etc.). I really want to get involved in my friend's project as it looks like a fantastic investment opportunity, but I'm not sure what my best option is.

Do we register the company in the US and each become shareholders? Can I be registered as a director in a US company if I live and work in the UK? How does this affect the taxes I pay - will I have to pay both US and UK income tax or just UK rates?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

-Andy

Hi All I've recently been asked by a friend of mine from New York if I'd like to get involved with a project she's working on. I currently run my own Limited company (of which I'm the sole shareholder, director etc.). I really want to get involved in my friend's project as it looks like a fantastic investment opportunity, but I'm not sure what my best option is. Do we register the company in the US and each become shareholders? Can I be registered as a director in a US company if I live and work in the UK? How does this affect the taxes I pay - will I have to pay both US and UK income tax or just UK rates? Thanks in advance for any replies! -Andy
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.