NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

In a bit of bother Stateside - Urgent

#1 Sep 20 2010 10:58pm

In a bit of bother Stateside - Urgent

2 years ago i registered a company in Delaware with the expectancy to get my online business off the ground targetting the american market. I had a registered agent acting on my behalf, but funnily enough never received and mail. The business has not actually started trading as we hit many different obsticales along the way namely trying to obtain an american bank account w/o being present, in order for this to be connected to a merchant a/c so we could actually begin selling, but it never really happened.
So the 'business' has just been sitting there..... til now. We've decided to give it another go so to make sure we're still legal 2 years on my 1st phone call to Delaware corporations dept. alerted me that i have outstanding taxes fr. 2008 of $779.50. OMG!!!
I'm embarassed and hung up quickly, i did not do my due diligance and chase anybody or really understand what my obligations are/were for trying to run an overseas business. Truth is my focus and priority was elsewhere on the babies i'd just had.
What can i do, i have no money to pay this in order to be in right standing with them and we don't want to get blacklisted ect.
a) can/should i deslove the company?
b) do a runner?
c) fess up and write to them stating i did'nt/don't really understand my legal obligations as this is all new to me and still is?
d) ask if they take installments? (money is already ridiculously tight).
e) do a runner as i understand the address mail was going to was correct, but was addressed to us the company and not the acting agent? So i don't actually think we exist per'se and i don't think they have UK details for us??
I really don't know, is there someone who does?

Husband not v impressed at ALL!

2 years ago i registered a company in Delaware with the expectancy to get my online business off the ground targetting the american market. I had a registered agent acting on my behalf, but funnily enough never received and mail. The business has not actually started trading as we hit many different obsticales along the way namely trying to obtain an american bank account w/o being present, in order for this to be connected to a merchant a/c so we could actually begin selling, but it never really happened. So the 'business' has just been sitting there..... til now. We've decided to give it another go so to make sure we're still legal 2 years on my 1st phone call to Delaware corporations dept. alerted me that i have outstanding taxes fr. 2008 of $779.50. OMG!!! I'm embarassed and hung up quickly, i did not do my due diligance and chase anybody or really understand what my obligations are/were for trying to run an overseas business. Truth is my focus and priority was elsewhere on the babies i'd just had. What can i do, i have no money to pay this in order to be in right standing with them and we don't want to get blacklisted ect. a) can/should i deslove the company? b) do a runner? c) fess up and write to them stating i did'nt/don't really understand my legal obligations as this is all new to me and still is? d) ask if they take installments? (money is already ridiculously tight). e) do a runner as i understand the address mail was going to was correct, but was addressed to us the company and not the acting agent? So i don't actually think we exist per'se and i don't think they have UK details for us?? I really don't know, is there someone who does? Husband not v impressed at ALL!
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.