NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Need advice on starting a product sourcing business targeting China.

#1 Nov 6 2011 7:39pm

Need advice on starting a product sourcing business targeting China.

The business operations would be in the Caribbean and my business partner is chinese and lives in China. We have the ability to source anything from China but I don't believe that this is a good strategy for the business and what is the sales channels for finding clients for this type of business. Should we offer free quotations to prospective clients and take the risk of the business not coming to us in the end. What are some of the specifics regarding shipping do we need to know. I do not have a background in this.... what about volumes how should we tackle this...knowing fully well that manufacturers in China are into the movement of large quanitites etc. Can you outline the basics of setting up such a business.

Many thanks,
Michelle

The business operations would be in the Caribbean and my business partner is chinese and lives in China. We have the ability to source anything from China but I don't believe that this is a good strategy for the business and what is the sales channels for finding clients for this type of business. Should we offer free quotations to prospective clients and take the risk of the business not coming to us in the end. What are some of the specifics regarding shipping do we need to know. I do not have a background in this.... what about volumes how should we tackle this...knowing fully well that manufacturers in China are into the movement of large quanitites etc. Can you outline the basics of setting up such a business. Many thanks, Michelle
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.