NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Accounting practice in Jersey

#1 Apr 8 2019 1:23am

Accounting practice in Jersey

Good day. I am a chartered accountant from the U.K. and I want to start up my own accounting practice as Director in Jersey with my wife as company secretary. I will be providing accounting services globally but starting with the U.K.. It looks like the set up costs are going to be £200 formation, with ongoing costs of £100 supervisory with JFSC, £50 data protection agency, £200 annual accounts, £1,406 schedule 2 fee with c. £175 person of benefit fee. Do I need to register for GST as my turnover will not reach £300k for a while and is it more professional anyway? How do I deal with service providers from the U.K. wanting to charge me VAT or should I inform them it is zero rated? Do I need to pay the social security for my wife and I as we will have no employees for a while? How do I go about obtaining a registered office and what is an appropriate fee for that service please? We will attend annual meetings for management and control in Jersey along with minutes and recommendations for action. Do you have any other advice please?

Good day. I am a chartered accountant from the U.K. and I want to start up my own accounting practice as Director in Jersey with my wife as company secretary. I will be providing accounting services globally but starting with the U.K.. It looks like the set up costs are going to be £200 formation, with ongoing costs of £100 supervisory with JFSC, £50 data protection agency, £200 annual accounts, £1,406 schedule 2 fee with c. £175 person of benefit fee. Do I need to register for GST as my turnover will not reach £300k for a while and is it more professional anyway? How do I deal with service providers from the U.K. wanting to charge me VAT or should I inform them it is zero rated? Do I need to pay the social security for my wife and I as we will have no employees for a while? How do I go about obtaining a registered office and what is an appropriate fee for that service please? We will attend annual meetings for management and control in Jersey along with minutes and recommendations for action. Do you have any other advice please?
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Apr 9 2019 12:11pm

Re: Accounting practice in Jersey

This company can help you https://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/starting-a-business-in-jersey/company-formation/more-group-uk.html

This company can help you https://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/starting-a-business-in-jersey/company-formation/more-group-uk.html
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.