NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

US Taxes for Business in Costa Rica with a US owner

#1 Jun 19 2014 4:14pm

US Taxes for Business in Costa Rica with a US owner

Hello,

My name is Elliot Grossman and I work for Bungalow-style ecotourism resort in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. My U.S. citizen owner is wondering what the best plan of action is in terms of making sure everything is in order (taxwise) for the future.

Essentially, he has split the company into three LLCs incorporated in Costa Rica. The owner has not turned a profit thus far and has not paid a dime in US taxes and he wants to how taxes will work in the future if the venture becomes profitable.

Would you know what he would be liable, in terms of taxes for the future, if the venture become profitable?

Can foreign corporations/companies be taxed by the U.S. if the owner is a U.S. citizen?

And finally, if he keeps his assets in an account abroad can he be taxed?

If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello, My name is Elliot Grossman and I work for Bungalow-style ecotourism resort in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. My U.S. citizen owner is wondering what the best plan of action is in terms of making sure everything is in order (taxwise) for the future. Essentially, he has split the company into three LLCs incorporated in Costa Rica. The owner has not turned a profit thus far and has not paid a dime in US taxes and he wants to how taxes will work in the future if the venture becomes profitable. Would you know what he would be liable, in terms of taxes for the future, if the venture become profitable? Can foreign corporations/companies be taxed by the U.S. if the owner is a U.S. citizen? And finally, if he keeps his assets in an account abroad can he be taxed? If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jul 7 2014 4:14pm

Re: US Taxes for Business in Costa Rica with a US owner

Hello Elliot
I've just come across your message on the forum. Have you contacted this company http://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/starting-a-business-in-usa/accounting-and-payroll/tmf-group.html they may be able to assist you

Many thanks

Hello Elliot I've just come across your message on the forum. Have you contacted this company http://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/starting-a-business-in-usa/accounting-and-payroll/tmf-group.html they may be able to assist you Many thanks
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.