NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

English-speaking

#1 Dec 30 2008 2:50pm

English-speaking

is it advised i learn a bit of spanish before i leave for spain next summer? i really can't be bothered, but if it could be detrimental to business, then obviously i wouldn't take the risk. lucy x

is it advised i learn a bit of spanish before i leave for spain next summer? i really can't be bothered, but if it could be detrimental to business, then obviously i wouldn't take the risk. lucy x
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jan 1 2009 6:30pm

Re: English-speaking

Lucy. If your business depends on the nationals spending money with you then dont you think it would be a good idea?

Lucy. If your business depends on the nationals spending money with you then dont you think it would be a good idea?
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jan 5 2009 10:31am

It is definitely worth learning the language. Speaking the language will open up far more opportunities for you, and the Spanish will warm to someone who's taken the time to learn.

It is definitely worth learning the language. Speaking the language will open up far more opportunities for you, and the Spanish will warm to someone who's taken the time to learn.
Reply Reply with quote

#4 May 6 2009 2:51pm

It makes life much easier if you speak the language. It is important to use a translation service for important documents but to converse everyday it is easier if you can speak Spanish. People will also help you if you try and then you will learn even more.

It makes life much easier if you speak the language. It is important to use a translation service for important documents but to converse everyday it is easier if you can speak Spanish. People will also help you if you try and then you will learn even more.
Reply Reply with quote

#5 Jul 10 2009 4:41pm

It is very important to learn Spanish if you want to integrate at all. Many people have lived in Spain for decades and hardly speak a word of English so their social life is limited entirely to the English speaking expat community. If you intend to start a business in Spain then it is essential you learn the language as you will always need it when dealing with suppliers, accountants, banks, solicitors, gestors and other professionals. www.integratedrelocationspain.com

It is very important to learn Spanish if you want to integrate at all. Many people have lived in Spain for decades and hardly speak a word of English so their social life is limited entirely to the English speaking expat community. If you intend to start a business in Spain then it is essential you learn the language as you will always need it when dealing with suppliers, accountants, banks, solicitors, gestors and other professionals. www.integratedrelocationspain.com
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.