NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Danger in South Africa?

#1 Dec 30 2008 2:05pm

Danger in South Africa?

HI I'm often reading about violence in South Africa, and was just wondering if, as an English person, I would be affected? Would my business? Thank you :)    

HI I'm often reading about violence in South Africa, and was just wondering if, as an English person, I would be affected? Would my business? Thank you :)    
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jan 1 2009 6:21pm

Re: Danger in South Africa?

Hi
I lived in South Africa as a young girl and re-visit often to see relatives and friends. It is true that the crime rate in SA is higher that that of the UK, but it is still a beautiful place. If you show precaution, dont look for trouble it will rarely find you. With some of the questions i get from brits about car-jackings and burglary i think peoples opinions are founded by watching hollywood movies and invisage SA to be as rough as a old western. This is clearly not the case.

Hi I lived in South Africa as a young girl and re-visit often to see relatives and friends. It is true that the crime rate in SA is higher that that of the UK, but it is still a beautiful place. If you show precaution, dont look for trouble it will rarely find you. With some of the questions i get from brits about car-jackings and burglary i think peoples opinions are founded by watching hollywood movies and invisage SA to be as rough as a old western. This is clearly not the case.
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jan 3 2009 3:53pm

Re: Danger in South Africa?

Thanks. However, I was thinking much more along the lines of racial tension / violence. Race is still obviously an issue in SA, as seen in early 2008 in the Johannesburg killings.

Thanks. However, I was thinking much more along the lines of racial tension / violence. Race is still obviously an issue in SA, as seen in early 2008 in the Johannesburg killings.
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.