NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Where to start in NZ?

#1 Dec 30 2008 2:55pm

Where to start in NZ?

Hi all,   I have always dreamt about emigrating to NZ. I'm now finaly in a position to act upon it, but have no idea where to base myself. It is a bit of a balance between finding a place i really like and one that'll be good for business. Any suggestions kiwis or expats!?   thom

Hi all,   I have always dreamt about emigrating to NZ. I'm now finaly in a position to act upon it, but have no idea where to base myself. It is a bit of a balance between finding a place i really like and one that'll be good for business. Any suggestions kiwis or expats!?   thom
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jan 1 2009 6:35pm

Re: Where to start in NZ?

What does your business require? Do you need to be near a mass of people? Will people travel to see you? Will you need to spend much time on both islands?

What does your business require? Do you need to be near a mass of people? Will people travel to see you? Will you need to spend much time on both islands?
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jan 5 2009 10:14am

The only viable way to do this is find a some places you'd like to live, and then research them thoroughly to see if your business can run successfully there.

The only viable way to do this is find a some places you'd like to live, and then research them thoroughly to see if your business can run successfully there.
Reply Reply with quote

#4 Jan 25 2009 6:27pm

Hello,
Iam thinking of moving over to NZ and opening a cafe. Where is the best beach resort to start up at? I have been looking at the Bay of Islands.
Could anyone recommend an easy route to get a residency visa. Should i pay an egency to sort my visa out and could anyone recommend an agency. I would apreciate good advice.
Â
Thanks

Hello, Iam thinking of moving over to NZ and opening a cafe. Where is the best beach resort to start up at? I have been looking at the Bay of Islands. Could anyone recommend an easy route to get a residency visa. Should i pay an egency to sort my visa out and could anyone recommend an agency. I would apreciate good advice.  Thanks
Reply Reply with quote

#5 Feb 23 2009 6:36pm

Dear Tomahawk
There are a couple of options for securing residency in New Zealand. Depending on your current occupation and experience, obtaining a job initially and securing a visa through the Skilled Migrant Category is the best way as this will provide you with permanent residency quicker. We could offer you a free assessment to this effect.
Whilst your goal is to set up a cafe, you would only have to be employed for 3 months before restrictions on your visa were lifted and you were free to do whatever you wanted.
Alternatively, if your occupation is not one that would lead to a visa through the Skilled Migrant visa, then the Long Term Business Visa would be an option if you wanted to buy or set up a cafe and run that as a business.
Each category has it's own requirements that Kiwi Emigration could advise on.
Is it worth using an agency? Would you leave to chance such a life changing event? Long Term Business Visas are certainly not worth trying on your own. If you are looking at the Skilled Migrant Visa, this is do-able on your own, but can be costly if you get it wrong. This is the primary reason why people would choose to have it done for them. With such a big move and big decision, do you want to leave it to chance?
At Kiwi Emigration, we can provide a free assessment and recommendation for you. Please call us on 01789 778006 or check out the website, www.kiwi-emigration.com
I hope that helpsCraig

Dear Tomahawk There are a couple of options for securing residency in New Zealand. Depending on your current occupation and experience, obtaining a job initially and securing a visa through the Skilled Migrant Category is the best way as this will provide you with permanent residency quicker. We could offer you a free assessment to this effect. Whilst your goal is to set up a cafe, you would only have to be employed for 3 months before restrictions on your visa were lifted and you were free to do whatever you wanted. Alternatively, if your occupation is not one that would lead to a visa through the Skilled Migrant visa, then the Long Term Business Visa would be an option if you wanted to buy or set up a cafe and run that as a business. Each category has it's own requirements that Kiwi Emigration could advise on. Is it worth using an agency? Would you leave to chance such a life changing event? Long Term Business Visas are certainly not worth trying on your own. If you are looking at the Skilled Migrant Visa, this is do-able on your own, but can be costly if you get it wrong. This is the primary reason why people would choose to have it done for them. With such a big move and big decision, do you want to leave it to chance? At Kiwi Emigration, we can provide a free assessment and recommendation for you. Please call us on 01789 778006 or check out the website, www.kiwi-emigration.com I hope that helpsCraig
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.