NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Visas

#1 Dec 30 2008 3:02pm

Visas

Can someone give me some advice on applying for visas please. I would like to hear first-hand how easy or tough it is. Cheers

Can someone give me some advice on applying for visas please. I would like to hear first-hand how easy or tough it is. Cheers
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Dec 31 2008 4:52pm

Re: Visas

Hi
It all depends on your situation. Do you have any ancestors/family members over there? What is your porpose of going? Do you have a skill/is your business in need. Check with the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship - www.immi.gov.au.
Â

Hi It all depends on your situation. Do you have any ancestors/family members over there? What is your porpose of going? Do you have a skill/is your business in need. Check with the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship - www.immi.gov.au. Â
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jan 1 2009 5:52pm

The Australian Business Visa Program encourages business owners to settle in Australia while developing new or existing opportunities in Australian business. There are 2 pathways for Business Skills entry to Australia:

As a Provisional Visa holder with eligibility for permanent residence after establishing a business in Australia; or
Direct Permanent Residence for high calibre business applicants sponsored by a State/Territory government.

Business migrants taking the first pathway must undergo a 2-stage progression to obtain residency. As such, visa holders are first granted a Business Skills (Provisional) Visa for 4 years and, after establishing the requisite level of business or maintaining their suitable investment, will be eligible to make an application for a Business Skills (Residence) Visa.
The second pathway leading to direct permanent residence is only open to high-calibre business migrants sponsored by a State/Territory government. This category is known as the Business Talent Visa.

The Australian Business Visa Program encourages business owners to settle in Australia while developing new or existing opportunities in Australian business. There are 2 pathways for Business Skills entry to Australia: As a Provisional Visa holder with eligibility for permanent residence after establishing a business in Australia; or Direct Permanent Residence for high calibre business applicants sponsored by a State/Territory government. Business migrants taking the first pathway must undergo a 2-stage progression to obtain residency. As such, visa holders are first granted a Business Skills (Provisional) Visa for 4 years and, after establishing the requisite level of business or maintaining their suitable investment, will be eligible to make an application for a Business Skills (Residence) Visa. The second pathway leading to direct permanent residence is only open to high-calibre business migrants sponsored by a State/Territory government. This category is known as the Business Talent Visa.
Reply Reply with quote

#4 Feb 13 2009 10:47am

Some visas are simple and straight forward. If this is your situation do it yourself. It is generally speaking not rocket science.
Â
If however you have "hurdles" to jump in your particular application, or just want the peace of mind that it is being done correctly with no chance of stumbling at the hurdles - get an expert in!
Â
I could probably do my tax and accountacy myself but choose to use the services of a professionally qualified accountant when it comes to dealing with the tax man. This is a very good analaogy to migrating.
Â
You can call Richard Gregan on his direct line to discuss your situation on 0131 625 6906. 5-10 minutes on the phone will tell you if it is "do-able" or not and wont cost you a penny.
Â
If you choose anyone else to do your application on your behalf make sure he or she is a MARA registered migration agent -Â www.themara.com.au to avoid being ripped off!

Some visas are simple and straight forward. If this is your situation do it yourself. It is generally speaking not rocket science.  If however you have "hurdles" to jump in your particular application, or just want the peace of mind that it is being done correctly with no chance of stumbling at the hurdles - get an expert in!  I could probably do my tax and accountacy myself but choose to use the services of a professionally qualified accountant when it comes to dealing with the tax man. This is a very good analaogy to migrating.  You can call Richard Gregan on his direct line to discuss your situation on 0131 625 6906. 5-10 minutes on the phone will tell you if it is "do-able" or not and wont cost you a penny.  If you choose anyone else to do your application on your behalf make sure he or she is a MARA registered migration agent - www.themara.com.au to avoid being ripped off!
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.