NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Hostile to expats?

#1 Dec 30 2008 2:59pm

Hostile to expats?

Hi, I have been told that the French are quiet aggressive and dismissive of expats, especially the English. Is this right? Thanks in advance, Justin

Hi, I have been told that the French are quiet aggressive and dismissive of expats, especially the English. Is this right? Thanks in advance, Justin
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jan 1 2009 6:26pm

Re: Hostile to expats?

This is a misconception. I have found the french on the whole to be lovely and no different to us. They respect the fact that you try to converse in their language but due to their grasp of english normally being superior to that of our grasp of french, and that they seldom get the opportunity to practice their english, most conversations are conducted in english..

This is a misconception. I have found the french on the whole to be lovely and no different to us. They respect the fact that you try to converse in their language but due to their grasp of english normally being superior to that of our grasp of french, and that they seldom get the opportunity to practice their english, most conversations are conducted in english..
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jan 2 2009 2:25pm

Re: Hostile to expats?

Hi
I agree. I think the French are very helpful indeed. Like any country, there are people who do take advantage of others but this doesn't always mean they take advantage of you because you are an expat. They take advantage of the French too.
JakeÂ
Â

Hi I agree. I think the French are very helpful indeed. Like any country, there are people who do take advantage of others but this doesn't always mean they take advantage of you because you are an expat. They take advantage of the French too. Jake Â
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.