NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Selling half of my business in Portugal

#1 Jun 8 2016 8:18am

Selling half of my business in Portugal

I currently own a snack bar in Portugal, it has only been opened 12 weeks, unfortunately myself and business partner do not get on.
We have both put the same amount of money into the bar!
The business is in my name, deeds, bank, utilities etc.....!
There is no licence to serve food yet, but he insisted we start serving food!
He has made my life unbearable to work in the bar, so I have not been there for 3 days, due to the pressure he has put me under. I have to return to the UK for 6 days will he have any rights under Portuguese law to state I have abandon the business???

I currently own a snack bar in Portugal, it has only been opened 12 weeks, unfortunately myself and business partner do not get on. We have both put the same amount of money into the bar! The business is in my name, deeds, bank, utilities etc.....! There is no licence to serve food yet, but he insisted we start serving food! He has made my life unbearable to work in the bar, so I have not been there for 3 days, due to the pressure he has put me under. I have to return to the UK for 6 days will he have any rights under Portuguese law to state I have abandon the business???
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jun 21 2017 11:16am

Re: Selling half of my business in Portugal

Where are you based in Portugal.
Would it be possible for you to hire a manager/employee to manage your interests in the business and allow it to continue.
Usually if it's only your name on the legal documents, you own and are responsible for the business?
Your solicitor should be able to advise.

Where are you based in Portugal. Would it be possible for you to hire a manager/employee to manage your interests in the business and allow it to continue. Usually if it's only your name on the legal documents, you own and are responsible for the business? Your solicitor should be able to advise.
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.