NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Open a bank account as a non-resident.

#1 Jan 27 2009 10:36am

Open a bank account as a non-resident.

I travel to France on business regularly. I have been trying to open a bank account to make life easier for me. I am not having much luck as I am a non-resident. Does anyone know of a bank that will open a bank account for non-residents? What paperwork will they ask for?  Thanks.

I travel to France on business regularly. I have been trying to open a bank account to make life easier for me. I am not having much luck as I am a non-resident. Does anyone know of a bank that will open a bank account for non-residents? What paperwork will they ask for?  Thanks.
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jan 27 2009 10:42am

Re: Open a bank account as a non-resident.

I think that the post office (La Poste) will open a bank account for non-residents. Their website is
www.labanquepostale.fr. You could also visit any post office to ask for the infomation.

I think that the post office (La Poste) will open a bank account for non-residents. Their website is www.labanquepostale.fr. You could also visit any post office to ask for the infomation.
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Mar 5 2009 2:52pm

Re: Open a bank account as a non-resident.

When you need to transfer your Sterling to Euro, use a broker rather than your bank. You can save up to 4% on the exchange rates. I used www.Worldwidecurrencies.com and I now have a standing order set up for my french mortgage payments. Rather than the exchange rate moving and my mortgage payment being different every month, I know exactly what my mortgage will cost me for the next 6 months.

When you need to transfer your Sterling to Euro, use a broker rather than your bank. You can save up to 4% on the exchange rates. I used www.Worldwidecurrencies.com and I now have a standing order set up for my french mortgage payments. Rather than the exchange rate moving and my mortgage payment being different every month, I know exactly what my mortgage will cost me for the next 6 months.
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.