NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Economic situation?

#1 Dec 11 2008 4:53pm

Economic situation?

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the economic situation in dubai? i plan to start a new web business there in the new year but i am concerned about making such a bold move if they are suffering equally with the west.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the economic situation in dubai? i plan to start a new web business there in the new year but i am concerned about making such a bold move if they are suffering equally with the west.
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Dec 16 2008 10:16am

Re: Economic situation?

Yeah, don't be fooled. Even success stories like Dubai are feeling economic pain. The property industry has taken a big blow. Investors won't be pulling out anytime soon, but confidence is certainly shaken.
Keep an eye on the broadsheets, it's always full of news about it.
Hope this helps.

Yeah, don't be fooled. Even success stories like Dubai are feeling economic pain. The property industry has taken a big blow. Investors won't be pulling out anytime soon, but confidence is certainly shaken. Keep an eye on the broadsheets, it's always full of news about it. Hope this helps.
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Dec 16 2008 10:24am

Hi,
I have a friend who writes for a magazine in Dubai, and she hasn't felt any negative economic effects. Probably just depends on the industry you're going into.

Hi, I have a friend who writes for a magazine in Dubai, and she hasn't felt any negative economic effects. Probably just depends on the industry you're going into.
Reply Reply with quote

#4 Dec 16 2008 10:54am

Things aren't as rosey as they once were :(
I also know someone out in Dubai and they are thinking of coming back to the UK.
Â

Things aren't as rosey as they once were :( I also know someone out in Dubai and they are thinking of coming back to the UK. Â
Reply Reply with quote

#5 Jan 7 2009 8:32am

is really rubbish

is really rubbish
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.